Action Pro 1080P HD

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Action Pro 1080P HD

Post by Dusty2 »

A possible competitor for the Gopro at a way better price. Just got this camera the Action Pro 1080P HD. This is a ringer for the gopro but with a few unique features. Like the Gopro it comes with a variety of mounting options for both land and underwater. it does 1080p at 30fps and 720 at 60fps plus stills at 5MB. About the same as the old go pro and pretty similar to the $300 silver addition. What makes this unique is it comes with a remote and has a built in lazer. It also comes with the lcd back(not for underwater) I got a chance for a really good deal on this which put it in the do-able range for me. I did several searches for it online and was surprised to find it well received for it's price point and the online videos looked good.

I am going to do a helmet mount so it can be hands free and I won't loose it. I was really surprised at how small these things have gotten with all these features. I obviously can't afford top of the line and as everyone knows photos are my passion but there are times when only motion will show what you want to see. We will see Friday how well it performs. I'll do a write up when I see how it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7R1b_mMGLQ
bigsky
Dive-aholic

Re: Action Pro 1080P HD

Post by bigsky »

good. for those who are interested
do NOT get a gopro
esp the black
it is, simply put, a pos
constantly freezes and gopro customer support is
'sucks to be you'.

before all the 'mine is fine' responses
check on line for
go pro freezes
i know the difference between right and wrong
wrong is usually the fun one
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Gopro was real quiet about the launch of their Hero 3. I had just purchased my Hero 2 about 2 weeks before the 3 came out, I was contemplating selling and moving up but with all the bad press the 3 has gotten and the fact I'm happy with the results from my 2 I didnt. I would tell anyone looking for a Gopro to find a 2 on eBay.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

From the inside:

"Wait until this summer when we come out with the Hero 4."

D
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Looks pretty blurry underwater. Will they have a real dive housing sometime soon?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhJAul1xY0

D