Go Pro advice

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Go Pro advice

Post by Dusty2 »

Them Go pros sure seem to have a wanderlust. Seems like 2 or 3 go AWOL every month. :eek:

Please guys, If you going to use one of these type cameras this advice could save you some big bucks and a lot of stress.

NEVER go near the water without your camera securely fastened to you or your gear with a substantial lanyard or retracter. If you are going to wear it on a head mount make sure you have a chinstrap as those guys that come with these cameras will just float off your head and you won't even notice it till its to late. My personal favorite is to mount it on a metal baseplate and secure it to your wrist. The base plate will add enough weight to allow the camera to stay were it falls and not just float away. What ever you choose, clip it of when gearing up or doffing your gear so it is not allowed to float away or fall off.

Unsecured gear is lost gear and money wasted. :nutty:
johnclark
Aquaphile

Re: Go Pro advice

Post by johnclark »

Go Pro is a disposable camera. =D
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

Two more words of advice:

Label Maker

Label every piece of gear you can. It is so easy to drop, forget, or mix up your gear. Putting an email or mobile number on your gear will at least give a good Samaritan a chance to get it back to you.
Dave
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

Another thing you can do is add a text file or word document to your data card with your contact info on it assuming that you have not already labeled your camera with your name and phone number.

Mike
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I always have my first pic be that of my contact info....its always there if I lose it...
K
"Let's go diving!"
bluedeep
Just Settling In

Post by bluedeep »

johnclark wrote:Go Pro is a disposable camera. =D
A very expensive disposable camera hah! Yes, you should be careful while using your GoPro underwater. Be sure to check all the straps and whatever that keeps the very expensive piece of technology attached to your body. I bring mine while I scuba dive and I have no plans of losing it.
Your go-to place for all your dive gear needs.