North Carolina wreck diving

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

North Carolina wreck diving

Post by stphnmartin »

I finally got to putting together the video from wreck diving over the summer off the coast of NC.

phpBB [video]
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: North Carolina wreck diving

Post by ScubaJess »

Super cool! I've missed your videos! Hope you can make it to ThThTh soon. :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

The Jess. Yes, I'm planning to get back into ThThTh's after the holidays! So, I'll be seeing you and the gang soon!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Cool! Nice vid!
What kind of sharks were those?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Thanks YellowEye. Those are Atlantic Sand Tiger sharks. Not to be confused with a real Tiger shark. I wouldn't be getting that close to a real Tiger shark!
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

Great job on the video! I've been scheduled to go out twice and cancelled due to sea conditions both times (late fall storms). I hope to make it out one of these days...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Awesome work!!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great video! Thanks for sharing some East Coast diving with us. Hope to get there someday!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

This is fantastic! I have taught fish and invert courses for that region so it was fun going through your video identifying all the critters. I've only dove there twice. Two dives on the Indra, also out of Beaufort. Great area.
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Very cool! Love the Sand Tiger Sharks (aka Ragged-toothed shark) it is so cool they are so docile. I definitely want to do this dive. When is the best time to go?
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

Excellent video. I had no idea NC had that kind of diving available there. Sure don't see that kind of fish density around here.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Thanks! That video is from last summer. I have a family reunion there each summer and get to sneak in some diving. I'll be diving there next month July 25th & 26th. Feel free to fly over and join me!

I find later in the summer to have better conditions in terms of water temp and viz. Tropicals show up later in the summer as well. However, the risk of hurricanes goes up (I've only had to flee from one though)!

They just sank two new boats for artificial reefs near the Indra. I use this shop/charter for the trip:

http://www.discoverydiving.com/
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hey, loved that video. Awesome!