Something a little different... slow motion sirens...

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Something a little different... slow motion sirens...

Post by ljjames »

phpBB [video]

This is some footage I shot for an upcoming music video by local artists March to May.

Shot with FS700 in Amphibico housing with HD-SDI out to Odyssey 7Q on the pool deck. Shot in 120fps, some 4k, some 2k some 1080p prores all down sampled from 4K raw.

phpBB [video]

This is from the Panasonic GH4, shooting internal 4k at 30fps. I had it mounted on top of the FS700 with a wider shot to get that real suspended in space feel/look.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Re: Something a little different... slow motion sirens...

Post by stphnmartin »

Very cool! And the water was probably heated too!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: Something a little different... slow motion sirens...

Post by ljjames »

Indeed it was :)

We've tried to do shoots in outdoor unheated pools (what happens when i let the talent find their own pool on the cheap) and unless its the middle of summer, well, you can imagine how that turns out. The last one like that I wore a 7mm wetsuit and my assistant wore a drysuit, the talent froze their butts off and it really impacted the amount of time the dancers could handle in/under the water which in turn impacted the video we were able to get... Not to mention the pine needles and leaves and twigs and dirt that blows into most outdoor pools.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"