short video from Junkyard

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

short video from Junkyard

Post by ljjames »

phpBB [video]
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Re: short video from Junkyard

Post by stphnmartin »

Nice feather duster action and song choice! Also nice to get the camera behind the camera shots.

Watching you adjust the intensity of your lights reminded me the sola remora triggers I've often considered getting.

http://www.xit404.com/collections/remot ... 0-800-1200

But, I can't justify the cost!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: short video from Junkyard

Post by ljjames »

Thanks! The video was more about the song than anything... it was just a short dip at the junkyard and macro practice. I'm still getting a handle on the GH4 with 60mm macro lens. It's really a one trick pony and finding the proper sized subject right now isn't always easy. I need more small yet slow moving things and Nudibranchs are still a bit scarce in the mid sound it seems.

I'm lucky to have a camera cohort in crime who will bring the wide when i'm shooting macro, mostly cause I always expect to be bombed by a giant six gill or mola mola when I've got the macro on the camera. Like that octopus... no joy for me... Thank Lamont for the cool den with light in the background shot ;)

The BtS shots also poke fun at how boring it is to be the buddy of a macro video shooter (even worse than a macro still photo shooter).

I had not looked at those remote triggers. For me they wouldn't solve any real issue because any touch-y touch-y of the camera when the macro lens is approx 130mm (GH4 is micro 4/3 and has a 2.2 crop in 4K video mode) is verboten no matter how much I want to adjust focus or tinker or whatnot. I botch more footage than I care to mention by trying to make it 'just a bit better' or thinking i can have a steady enough hand to rack focus or whatnot. Cool idea tho, I could see a use for them if they were longer and i could use them on my off camera lighting set ups :)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"