Float Arms for Ikelite

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
dphershman
Aquanaut

Float Arms for Ikelite

Post by dphershman »

Anyone have any suggestions on adding floats to a pair of Ikelite strobe arms? There seem to be a number of options out there, from $ to $$$$, so I'm curious if anyone has some practical experience to share.

Thanks!
Dan
Dan Hershman :smt024
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Float Arms for Ikelite

Post by Gdog »

https://www.opticaloceansales.com/#/product/572
Works great for me! I have ultralight arms. There is a jumbo set also. Easy to install, remove, and easy to trim for buoyancy. Also very affordable.
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

I'm a bowhunter, and I noticed that the blocks of foam my local archery shop sells for use in my arrow quiver were pretty similar to what comes in UW photography floats; if anything, it's a little bit more durable. The ones I've installed on my strobe arms have lasted a few years with no signs of deterioration. I bought a block last weekend for it's intended purpose, and I think I gave all of $3.00 for it.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Furnari wrote:I'm a bowhunter, and I noticed that the blocks of foam my local archery shop sells for use in my arrow quiver were pretty similar to what comes in UW photography floats; if anything, it's a little bit more durable. The ones I've installed on my strobe arms have lasted a few years with no signs of deterioration. I bought a block last weekend for it's intended purpose, and I think I gave all of $3.00 for it.
Great tip!