24 Shot Challenge

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

24 Shot Challenge

Post by Scubie Doo »

One thing that is great about our forum is that we have some phenomenal photographers. I had an idea I thought would be fun called the 24 shot challenge. Many of us (especially me) are spoiled with digital cameras, where we can take an unlimited number of shots. The challenge is to limit your dive to 24 shots ONLY. You must post (in this thread) all 24 shots from beginning to end, regardless of the quality. You can edit them in LR or PS, but they must be in sequence (based on the file numbering). This will require the honor system to some degree, but I think it will be a fun challenge. I may kick this off tonight during our ThThTh dive. I'd love to see others participate, should be fun :-)
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: 24 Shot Challenge

Post by YellowEye »

That sounds fun, will do it soon. Have fun at ThThTh. Billy's sure is different on a Wednesday!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I agree! Sounds fun! I'm excited to see what people come up with and how many of my 24 will be of Shrimp :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Glad I got a couple photogs to bite :) I started the challenge during the ThThTh dive and wow, this is going to be harder than I thought. I was on photo 6ish and saw a stubby Squid. After 2 shots the little fella fluttered into the water column. My finger would not stop 7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14.... f$?!

I ended the dive with 2 lumpies and an opalescent Squid eating a shrimp. Oh yeah and 106 shots. I'll give it a try again on my next dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Took me 2 years to complete this. Way harder than I ever thought possible.

I have a new respect for old school film photographers for sure :-)

Have a good weekend, peace.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Pretty cool, but the response indicates that 24 might be a bit ambitious. Maybe 12?!?

Awesome shots, btw!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Tom Nic wrote:Pretty cool, but the response indicates that 24 might be a bit ambitious. Maybe 12?!?

Awesome shots, btw!
Agreed Tom. I set out to do this several times. I always finished with a few more shots than 24. Must have been tough in the pre-digital age. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

So cool Scubie! Great snaps! I love all that lumpy action :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: