Pool shoot BtS

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Pool shoot BtS

Post by ljjames »

When I'm not trying to improve my #360video or wanking around with creative lighting or being a masochist trying to shoot macro, periodically I get to do some cool pool shoots for local film productions...

Here is a screen grab from BtS... Yes, we even had an art department that made us some shrubbery :) Projects like this are a team effort and I'm super lucky to have found a stellar underwater grip (he's topside grip as well) and periodically another primary DP/Camera op to team up with. It's taken several years of laying the groundwork and gear investment (lights, cameras, surface monitors, communications gear, underwater black backdrop, etc. etc..) to put our little underwater production company together, and slowly building our name/reputation, but when things like this come together, it's totally worth it. This ended up being a 12 hour day, and for those who are curious and want to know more I'll be doing a bit of a write up :) I don't know when the film will be coming out, but its name is "Light me Up" by local filmmaker Miri Stone :)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 12.00.23 AM.png
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Pool shoot BtS

Post by Gdog »

Looks very interesting!
PlayingInJeans
Frequent Bubbler

Post by PlayingInJeans »

Much wow, so amaze. Jelly.

Sent from my E5803 using Tapatalk
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

That's a pretty amazing setup you've got there. I can only imagine the prep that goes into doing this underwater. (I've done similarly complex lighting in various locations topside.)
Your trim's looking a little off, though. ;-) I jest, but how many ankle weights did you need to keep your feet planted on the bottom?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

----
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

https://vimeo.com/213771048

Pool 360 (watch in YouTube for best results)
----