First dive with VRPRO VR-EL6 array

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

First dive with VRPRO VR-EL6 array

Post by ljjames »

Lamont and i got out to c2 yesterday for a bit of gear testing :)

https://youtu.be/SjxPUXwteog
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: First dive with VRPRO VR-EL6 array

Post by ljjames »

And the #360video from the dive...

https://youtu.be/6HUj1UkFWlA

This isn't the best example, i was a bit rushed on sync/stitch due to other projects in the wings, and the vis was VERY milky, but there are one or two gems in it.

Filmed with the VRPRO 6 Gopro array, Gopro Hero 3+ blacks with modified focus based on domes specs from manufacturer.

This was also a neutral buoyancy test and i just kinda bungied a 1lb weight to my pole which caused the visible rotational instability but next round will use some the numerous 1/4-20 attachment points to make it perfectly balanced in salt and fresh water to reduce axial motion. (I believe this will be approx 14 oz for salt water and its basically neutral in fresh)

This was a quick stitch, i did not use D.warp and I DID push the limits of 'near/far' for this medium, on purpose at times. I did not do any static shots as well, so the time sync issues are made more obvious.

All those excuses aside, please enjoy a quick tour of a local dive site.

For the next round i'll be working to set up sync generator and perfect buoyancy.

Lighting was provided by off axis dual SOLA 8000 and one handheld SCALEOinfinty being used in video mode.
Last edited by ljjames on Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: First dive with VRPRO VR-EL6 array

Post by Gdog »

Very cool Laura! Thank you!