August at Skyline

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

August at Skyline

Post by Sharkb8 »

After a few years of shooting with a video light, I FINALLY got a strobe (and ikelite ttl convertor) for my little TG6. I took it out to Skyline a couple weeks ago to test it out. I definitely need some work on strobe placement but the initial results are encouraging.

Party underwater
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: August at Skyline

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! Love that second-to-last one especially!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Beautiful snaps!!!! I love them all but the red Irish lord is extra awesome 😻🐟🦊🐟🦊💖🐙🤿🖖📸🍭🦐
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
SEAriously
Avid Diver

Post by SEAriously »

These shots are so AMAZING!! I love all the baby wolfies!! ❤️
coldfinger
Frequent Bubbler

Post by coldfinger »

Very nice, sharp, colorful, and well-composed. I'd be interested in what you conclude about video light(s) vs. strobe. I switched to video lights so I can shoot in burst mode (with a Sony A6000), which seems to get me at least 1 shot in a burst in focus. But I keep thinking I should try a strobe again and see what I get.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Nice... I should have a couple of dives here coming up soon with the winter visibility arriving
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

Looking good! The colors really pop. Are you using a custom white balance or auto?
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

derekcs wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:12 am Looking good! The colors really pop. Are you using a custom white balance or auto?
I shoot in RAW with auto white balance and then correct in Lightroom. The strobe definitely helps with lighting and colors. I used to bump the saturation up a little when shooting fixed lights but now i actually have to go slightly negative sometimes to make it look realistic.
Party underwater