Huge sea star @ Solo Point

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
bnboly
Submariner

Huge sea star @ Solo Point

Post by bnboly »

Saw this really huge sea star on a dive @ Solo Point. Well maybe it's not really that big........ \:D/

It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

I have seen several of those little guys recently, including one last night at Edmonds UWP. Smaller than my pinky fingernail. I'm not sure what they are.... :book:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

Seth T. wrote:I have seen several of those little guys recently, including one last night at Edmonds UWP. Smaller than my pinky fingernail. I'm not sure what they are.... :book:
I see them from time to time, always assumed they were just baby seastars.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I have noticed a bunch of them at Cove 2 when Lostinbrownsmead and I dove it last

they were mostly on the green leafy Seaweed but there was a lot of them I think I have a picture of one

I wish I would have taken more I am haveing a real hard time finding out just what kind they are

seems kind of strange that they are so brite white though you would think if you wanted to grow up to live a rich full life as a Sea Star you would try to blend in to your surounding a little bit more

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

sparky wrote:...
seems kind of strange that they are so brite white though you would think if you wanted to grow up to live a rich full life as a Sea Star you would try to blend in to your surounding a little bit more

Sparky
That goes back to a thread I started here - "What eats seastars"?
http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... s+seastars

Apparently nothing, they are not even edible to other sealife.