Redondo 4/11 photo's

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Redondo 4/11 photo's

Post by DiverBob »

Dove Redondo last night at dusk and high tide. Viz was good at about 20 ft. Lot's of critter's out and was able to get some ok pictures, for me at least! We went down past the carousel boat and found a bunch of tiny stubby squid. Some no bigger than a finger nail. I have no problem finding these little guy's but still have yet to find a Lumpsucker! Love Redondo at night!
Attachments
Shaggy Mouse
Shaggy Mouse
Tiny Stubby Squid
Tiny Stubby Squid
Tiny Stubby Squid
Tiny Stubby Squid
Grunt Sculpin
Grunt Sculpin
Life is good, let's dive!!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo 4/11 photo's

Post by cardiver »

Nice pics, Bob! Did I mention that I can dive on Friday nights??????
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Nice shot on the shaggy.
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

cardiver wrote:Nice pics, Bob! Did I mention that I can dive on Friday nights??????
A Friday night photo dive? I like it!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

How did you get all those insane colors from that stubby squid pic ??? Are you useing a strobe ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Nice shots bob.

The grains of sand really provide some size perspective.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

Thanks for the positive replies. My camera is a Canon 570is in a Canon housing, no external strobe. I just get as close as I can using Macro. The only editing is Google Picasa. Usually just crop and use a little of the tone feature. My wife will not let me get a D90 just yet!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

That's amazing ... I've never gotten colors like that off a stubby.. But then I've only photgraphed 2 of them at night.. I have a cannon A540.. I am defin going to have to try doing some Macro stubby night shots.. Simply amazing seeing all of those colors on that little guy.. I am Blown away by it.. Its a truely great great shot !! :supz:
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

cardiver wrote:Nice pics, Bob! =D> Did I mention that I can dive on Friday nights??????
Yes, nice shots Bob! If you guys start a regular Friday night dive I'll be here waiting :bounce: for the dive report,
while I'm here at work! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

But the dive report and pictures help ease the pain! :der:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Greg
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Greg »

DiverBob wrote:Dove Redondo last night at dusk and high tide. Viz was good at about 20 ft. Lot's of critter's out and was able to get some ok pictures, for me at least! We went down past the carousel boat and found a bunch of tiny stubby squid. Some no bigger than a finger nail. I have no problem finding these little guy's but still have yet to find a Lumpsucker! Love Redondo at night!
Hey DiverBob! It was great meeting you and I just wanted to share some of the photos from my last two dives
Trio
Oooo Sole Miooooo!
Orange and Green
Diver with Wolf Eel
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hi Greg! I love the Penpoint Gunnels in the starfish! i've never seen them in amongst Starfish, and I haven't seen Wolfies at Redondo. Where did you take those shots?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

Hi Greg, great to meet you as well. Great pictures! I was talking to my wife on the way home about your camera setup and she had to remind me a couple of times to not get any ideas!!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hey Greg! :bye:
Glad to see you finally got on this board! We dove together up in B.C. on the 737 Plane. :supz:
Maybe we can actually get to dive together again, if you hang out here on the board a while.
Can you Dive on Thursday evenings? :bounce:
To NWdiveclubbers, Greg has had some really good pictures published in NW Dive news.
Specifically, a good picture of a Six Gill!

P.S. I still need to see if I can get a certain picture from our B.C. Dives. PM Sent.

Keith C. :salute:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Greg
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Greg »

Tom Nic wrote:Hi Greg! I love the Penpoint Gunnels in the starfish! i've never seen them in amongst Starfish, and I haven't seen Wolfies at Redondo. Where did you take those shots?
The penpoints were shot at Redondo and the wolfie photo were shot at Z's Reef. I met Bob at Redondo last Friday night and he told me about the website here.
Greg
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Greg »

DiverBob wrote:Hi Greg, great to meet you as well. Great pictures! I was talking to my wife on the way home about your camera setup and she had to remind me a couple of times to not get any ideas!!
You could always do what I did when I was married......beg! =)
:mermaid:
Greg
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Greg »

BASSMAN wrote:Hey Greg! :bye:
Glad to see you finally got on this board! We dove together up in B.C. on the 737 Plane. :supz:
Maybe we can actually get to dive together again, if you hang out here on the board a while.
Can you Dive on Thursday evenings? :bounce:
To NWdiveclubbers, Greg has had some really good pictures published in NW Dive news.
Specifically, a good picture of a Six Gill!

P.S. I still need to see if I can get a certain picture from our B.C. Dives. PM Sent.

Keith C. :salute:
I am also happy to tell you that I have had several photos published in 4 different books and this month one of my pics is going to be in Shark Diver Magazine. Woo Hoo! =)
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

Thanks for the amazing photos! Those were all outstanding.

:biggrin:
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Greg
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Greg »

DiverBob wrote:Dove Redondo last night at dusk and high tide. Viz was good at about 20 ft. Lot's of critter's out and was able to get some ok pictures, for me at least! We went down past the carousel boat and found a bunch of tiny stubby squid. Some no bigger than a finger nail. I have no problem finding these little guy's but still have yet to find a Lumpsucker! Love Redondo at night!
Those are awesome photos Bob! Good job!