Lake Crescent

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
mancub
Dive-aholic

Lake Crescent

Post by mancub »

Planning to spend a night near Lake Crescent and do some diving. Any campsites that you have enjoyed? Most likely will have a handful of tents and one smaller RV as a base of operations.

Any recommendations would be awesome. I have the list of park campgrounds, but it is always hard to know exactly what you're getting into.

Thanks!
Jacob
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Lake Crescent

Post by Penopolypants »

I have camped at Fairholme in the national park at the west end of the lake and have always enjoyed it. They do not have showers if your people are shower people, but with luck you can get a large and relatively private campsite.

Edit: I've not stayed at Salt Creek Park but I've been diving there and checked out the campgrounds. They seem pretty nice, some were more secluded than others. They also had both tent sites and RV sites.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Thanks!
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

another recommendation for salt creek... I've stayed there MANY times and it was always pleasant (sometimes crowded in the 'less' ideal sites, but if you are just looking for a place to crash...)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

ljjames wrote:another recommendation for salt creek... I've stayed there MANY times and it was always pleasant (sometimes crowded in the 'less' ideal sites, but if you are just looking for a place to crash...)
Salt creek takes reservations (by mail not on the internet although you can check availability via the web) for half or more of their sites and they fill up months in advance. The remainder are first come sites and they don't last long filling up for sure by friday AM. Its a super nice park and dive site but camping there is increasingly challenging. Also fyi no alcohol at all allowed.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

+1 for Salt Creek. We were just there two weekends ago and dived the Strait and Lake Crescent. We had one of the walk in site that was rather out in the open (one person went up on Wednesday night and "claimed" our spots)...IMHO you definitely want one of the wooded sites in the loop (the reservable ones) if you're into privacy. But if you have a large group and don't mind being surrounded by RVs and tents, then trying to do the walk in option is good. I think you can have three tents per site (or 10 people...whichever happens first).....
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman