Blackbeards Cruise

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Blackbeards Cruise

Post by kitsapdiver »

I'll be going on a blackbeards cruise May 28-June 3. Those dates were chosen by me because I'll already be on the east coast for work, and got cheap airline tickets, so I'm not really flexible on dates. But since I am doing it by myself I figured I would at least post it on here so that if anyone has had the urge to try a blackbeards but never the motivation maybe this would motivate them.

I have done one blackbeards cruise before and they are a lot of fun the diving is all AL80's (although I requested an AL100, and they are going to make sure I get one), and very recreational. The conditions can be some what cramped, after all you are on a 65' sailboat for 7 days with 25 people, but the diving is great, the foods good, the alcohol is included, and I thoroughly enjoy sitting on the deck of a sailboat in the bahamas with a beer in my hand after a dive watching the sunset.

For just over a 1000 dollars after tax/park entrance fee/fuel surcharge etc. you get a week on the boat and that includes all your diving, your food, lodging, alcohol, etc.

Anyways if your interested in joining me drop me a line.

Austin
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Gooch
Submariner

Re: Blackbeards Cruise

Post by Gooch »

We did a blackbeard's trip last july- it was a really awesome bunch of dives with some great people. It's no luxury live-aboard but they had awesome food and the diving was a lot of fun. We got in 25 dives and some of them were the best I have done ever. I'd recommend them to anyone as long as they are afraid to be more or less camping on a sailboat for a week ;)
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!