Kauai bound

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
JPC666
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Kauai bound

Post by JPC666 »

Howdy, new to the board.

My girl and I are heading over to Kauai for our honeymoon in a couple days and wondered if anyone had some recomendations for a couple of good dives. Neither of us are very experenced (just certified, couple dives), I have been looking at Seamonkeys' website and posts but asking for any more ideas for shore or boat dives.

Thanks, Josh
cofford
Aquaphile

Re: Kauai bound

Post by cofford »

Koloa Landing on the south shore is a great dive. Max depth is 40' (hard to find a spot that deep though), easy entry, and you can usually find turtles there.
Powered by Puppies and Ice Cream.
JPC666
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by JPC666 »

Nice, looks like both left and right side have something to see, thanks.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

If you can do the guided Giant Manta ray night dive, I've heard you wont be disappointed.
that's a dive on my "Bucket List"
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Just got back from Kauai. Beautiful island. Koloa landing is the place on the south shore where everyone dives and has there checkout dives for c-cards. I dove both directions left and right, both were good. The first part of April the north shore was still closed for watersports. It might be open by now. On the west side just north of the airport is an old boat dock that I wanted to dive. Drive to the airport and stay to the left then go up the coast through an industrial area. there is a nice place to park and entry is over some rocks that are not anything as hard to climb over as pacific northwest coastline. There is supposed to be some old anchors and munitions dumped there on the outside of the jetty
Doug.
If only I had Gills
JPC666
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by JPC666 »

Well just got back Tues afternoon and the diving was great. We ended up doing four boat dives, two at Sheraton Caverns, Plate lunch (local DM named it) and Stonehouse, all were awsome.The water was 76+ and the air was 86+, what more can you ask for? That whole island is very beautiful, didnt want to come back. Oh well.