dive shops, dive guides in the Montaray area of Ca.

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

dive shops, dive guides in the Montaray area of Ca.

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Does anyone know of any good dive shops, dive guides... I have some friends down in the area lookin to get wet.

Thank you in advance.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
loanwolf
Pelagic

Re: dive shops, dive guides in the Montaray area of Ca.

Post by loanwolf »

They are all good down their. If you swing into any of the shops they have a the local dive maps available that are great and show all the dive sites. If they are up in the Santa Cruz area Aqua Safari is a great shop and good people.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

7 Sea's in Vancouver might be able to help you. They are in the process of opening a second shop in Monterey. They are using 3 different charter boats. One of the skippers freelances between the boats and he is a friend of 7 Sea's. They might have info on guides also. Good luck!
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

cool thank you... Its a great place to start!

Cheers
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Bamboo Reef is a good shop, run by very nice people. They fill Nitrox and helium, more or less while you wait. The Escapade is my favorite boat -- Jim's a fantastic captain, and it's the only boat I've ever been on that keeps a suited safety diver on the ready. They also have great bathymetric maps of the dive sites, which really help orientation.

If they're interested in technical diving, Phil Sammett runs a RIB out of Lobos, and Phil's great.

If you can give me a little information about your friends, Waynne, I may be able to put them in touch with some local divers who do a little tour guide stuff for them . . . Monterey has some great diving, but it helps if you know where you are going.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Aquarius on Del Monte right in Monterey is an excellent shop. I went to them a lot when I was living down there. Note that I am NOT talking about Aquarius II right on the breakwater. For air fills they're fine, but the owner doesn't have the most pristine reputation in town, so to speak. I don't know that much about the other shops, but that's the lowdown on those two.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Thanks again everyone. =)
Its a mom and 12 year old daughter team with about 8 dives. They're both very good in the water. The young one Lynne is the 12 year old from Facebook who got the new semi-dry Harveys suit and is doing 2 or 3 hour long dives in a day. She's an animal! Whoever dives with these gals will have a kick ass time they're a ton o fun. They'd only need tanks, weights and mom needs a suit, they would expect to pay for a guide.
One more time

Thank you!
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

+1 to Dave's post. They were great! One strange thing is we found it hard to boat dive there, because none of the boats were used to bringing tanks for the customers, so you had to find a shop open early enough to pick up tanks on the way to the dock, and late enough to hopefully drop them off. We were on the Silver Prince and it was a very nice boat, but Lynn's boat sounds just as good! I'm sure they'll have a blast, there is some great diving there!! Ask about Point Lobos, and go during the week, but that would be them diving just as a pair, and there is a fairly long surface swim.