Palau

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Palau

Post by Marc »

Has any dove/been there? Headed there in Feb. and need some suggestions.

Thanks,

Marc
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Palau

Post by Tangfish »

I'm heading there on Saturday (well, after Chuuk and Yap), diving with Sam's Tours.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i hate you both.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

Not that anyone would believe this, Matty, but I have never been told I was hated before.... It hurts.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Palau

Post by Joshua Smith »

Blitz wrote:Not that anyone would believe this, Matty, but I have never been told I was hated before.... It hurts.
Did it negatively impact your self esteem? Are you in a shame spiral as a result of these insensitive, derogatory words? Just know that the Universe loves you, and that Spatman is lashing out randomly because he needs to get grounded with some core values in order to react appropriately to his peer group.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Re: Palau

Post by Marc »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Blitz wrote:Not that anyone would believe this, Matty, but I have never been told I was hated before.... It hurts.
Did it negatively impact your self esteem? Are you in a shame spiral as a result of these insensitive, derogatory words? Just know that the Universe loves you, and that Spatman is lashing out randomly because he needs to get grounded with some core values in order to react appropriately to his peer group.

Did you actually manage to get that out with a straight face or did you have to take a breath between fits of laughter?

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Re: Palau

Post by Joshua Smith »

Blitz wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

Did you actually manage to get that out with a straight face or did you have to take a breath between fits of laughter?
Took a while. Had to keep wiping tears of hysterical laughter out of my eyes.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

lol!

and josh nailed it, btw.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

The south pacific in Feb, I have to confess I'm not feeling positive emotions either. :dontknow:
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Tangfish wrote:I'm heading there on Saturday (well, after Chuuk and Yap), diving with Sam's Tours.
SWEET!... Sam and I went to school together from grade school to graduation.... I'd appreciate it if ya told him I said "Hi" and that next time he's in town we need to go out for sushi... :)
If you get to actually talk to Sam ask him to tell you the story of how he came to own that dive shop... it's a great story and he tells it incredibly well.

You're gonna have such a good time T.....
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
seaturtle
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by seaturtle »

Palau is located between Guam, Philippines and Papua New Guinea and offers some of the most unique holiday possibilities with natural beauty, untouched wilderness, intact culture, remoteness and stability. The 400-mile long archipelago became to be one of the world’s unique phenomena – ” Rock Island”. These mushroom like islets are uninhabited and located in a large lagoon that has vast concentration of corals, fish and other marine life. White sand beaches, lush jungle and remote waterfalls are just among the highlights of Palau.
seaturtle
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by seaturtle »

Try Liveaboard Diving!
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

seaturtle wrote:Try Liveaboard Diving!
Doing a liveaboard usually means a lot more dives per day and we did enjoy our week on the Aggressor. Several of the people in our group stayed extra days (while we headed from Truk Lagoon) and dove with Sam's and really liked them as well. Sam's has lots of local connections and a great reputation.

You can read our Palau Trip Report here.