Heading to Fiji in about 4 weeks...

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Any advice or experience on travel to Fiji? This will be my first trip to Fiji, I am very excited :-)
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: Heading to Fiji in about 4 weeks...

Post by Scubie Doo »

I guess I really struck out on this post :-) haha.

I probably should have been more specific. I am heading to Waidroka resort on the south side of Fiji and plan on doing the shark dive. I heard there is a ton of current in Fiji. Just curious if anyone has recent experience with the shark dive or drift dives in Fiji???
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

I wish I've been there! Let us know how it went!
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Went to Fiji last summer and stayed at Beqa Lagoon Resort. I did not find the currents to be that bad where we were. We did their shark dive. We got some very large bull sharks, nurse sharks, and a few lemons. The highlight was the 500 lb grouper. The shark dive was fun, but I wouldn't do it again--too staged for me.
Jenn
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Thanks for the info. I was afraid the shark dive would be too staged. I really want to see a tiger shark though. That is at the top of my list. I think the shark dive will be like the manta ray in Kona. Really cool to do once, but not sure I'd do it again. Maybe if a buddy wanted to go. Still a once in a lifetime experience.