Alaska dive set

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Re: Alaska dive set

Post by Diver_Dave »

BASSMAN wrote:Okay, Renoun is the lucky winner for this trip! We,ll be doing our first night five on the 9 th when we get up there.
Sitkadiver and Herb, we'll talk times and place when we get situated and have eaten our fresh Spot Prawn dinner. :supz:
Got it set up for a 8pm the night u guys get in :penelope: :penelope: :penelope: after dinner.....
Last edited by Diver_Dave on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

renoun wrote:
Norris wrote:Grrr such short notice I can't really get outta work. We also have some pretty important stuff going on here so its just impossible!
So sorry I cant go as I want to kick it Sitka style.
Well I suppose that this gives me the opportunity to step in. Much to my disappointment I haven't been back to SE since I brought a charter boat back from Ketchikan sometime in the late nineties. Anybody want to buy a LP-95 or two so I can have some walking around money and still be able to eat for the rest of the month?
Welcome back to SE... You pretty much count on selling those LP-95's - they're diver crack in AK.. How much you asking?

And let me know if you guys want to borrow some gear. I'm sure I can swing at least on harness with weights and probably some fins, regs, backpack etc... I'd offer you a light, but my light builder ripped me off and spent the money on booze and chics.... :smt064
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Dave I asked 1st now bro..... :penelope:
Attachments
IMG_5630.JPG
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Ok guys, I just posted the tanks. I have two more that just went out of their second hydro in September that I haven't dealt with yet. Keith thinks he can air ship them up for not too much. Feel free to PM and we can talk about the details.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

renoun wrote:Ok guys, I just posted the tanks. I have two more that just went out of their second hydro in September that I haven't dealt with yet. Keith thinks he can air ship them up for not too much. Feel free to PM and we can talk about the details.

Always looking for new people to dive with should b good time good food.... :spatman:
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

renoun wrote:Ok guys, I just posted the tanks. I have two more that just went out of their second hydro in September that I haven't dealt with yet. Keith thinks he can air ship them up for not too much. Feel free to PM and we can talk about the details.

Just finished a dive job in the harbor and viz was in the 30 ft. range. If you guys can get away from town at all you should be able to get 50+.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

sitkadiver wrote: Just finished a dive job in the harbor and viz was in the 30 ft. range. If you guys can get away from town at all you should be able to get 50+.
Nice! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Weather has been very nice last few days had some snow a few days ago... :spatman:
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Alaska-Herb
Aquaphile

Post by Alaska-Herb »

Hey guys what's the dive plan for Thursday I can't do Wednesday but would love to catch up with ya Thursday
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Plan is Lazeria island if the weather permits....Machnadi rock a second choice if the weather is bad....U r more than welcome to join us there Herb where ever we go...Night dive on thurs. night too :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

OK, I'll e-mail the Lt. and see if I can whine my way into a day off Thursday..... If the weather is crap, or seas too big, we can always hit the East side of Middle Is.
-Charles Lindbergh
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

sitkadiver wrote:OK, I'll e-mail the Lt. and see if I can whine my way into a day off Thursday..... If the weather is crap, or seas too big, we can always hit the East side of Middle Is.
Way to go Dave we have mass room aboard :tomnic: :tomnic: ..
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Whew, 5lbs to spare in my checked luggage if I carry on my light, BP/W, regs, etc. Looks like I might be able to bring up a light for somebody. :)
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

renoun wrote: Looks like I might be able to bring up a light for somebody. :)
Oooooo? Who could that be for? :smt064
Maybe diver-dave will have two lights! :evil4:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Extra light ahe??? For sale?
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
renoun
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: Alaska dive set

Post by renoun »

Diver_Dave wrote:Extra light ahe??? For sale?
Chris dropped it off last night, not exactly for sale.

I just dropped the tanks at the air freight terminal.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
sitkadiver
Submariner

Re: Re: Alaska dive set

Post by sitkadiver »

renoun wrote:
Diver_Dave wrote:Extra light ahe??? For sale?
Chris dropped it off last night, not exactly for sale.

I just dropped the tanks at the air freight terminal.

Thanks for hauling my new light up Ross, Chris called me last night. I'll make it up to you somehow, maybe I can buy a few at the P.

I also fixed the switch boot on my old light, so if someone needs to save some weight, one of those lights will be free during your trip up.
-Charles Lindbergh
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Getting ready for the boyz arriving tom. night filling tanks 32degrees :spatman: .. We need to bring someone up just to fill :popcorn: :popcorn: tanks so we can just dive and eat.....Option #2 would b Dmitchells banks...Smiles what size r them tanks there Dave?? Who's running the dive shop over there...
Attachments
IMG_5859.JPG
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Looks like a nice day, hopefully the really snotty wx stays over in the Bearing Sea this week. I'm trying to make up my mind about which jacket to bring. Is the forecast for drizzle accurate or should I plan on hard rain?
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Oh light rain usually..Wednesday...Mostly cloudy. Highs around 43. Light winds.

Wednesday Night...Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain late. Lows around 37. Light winds.

Thursday...Rain. Highs around 43. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph.

Thursday Night...Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain. Lows around 36. West wind 10 to 20 mph.

Veterans Day...Mostly cloudy. Highs around 45.

Friday Night Through Sunday...Rain likely. Lows around 37. Highs around 44.
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Still filling tanks
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Diver_Dave wrote:Still filling tanks
But it must be easy to keep the compressor cool.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

got 20 tanks filled 4 u guys so far...Sound is flat,sky is blue..Headed out to set shrimp pots for fresh shrimp for the boyz... :partydance:
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I used to set pots for spot prawns down here but the season kept getting shorter with smaller limits until pulling pots from 400' by hand wasn't worth it. I'm on my way to the airport now.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Shrimp pots set this morning....
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska