Philippines trip blog

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Philippines trip blog

Post by renoun »

I just read a great bit of blogging by Allison (a SF Bay area diver who usually writes about BAUE charters and shore diving around Monetary plus the occasional Florida cave trip) about a trip to Atlantis Puerto Galera in the Philippines last Aug. Lots of interesting critter photos and some commentary on the couple days of GUE friendly tech diving they enjoyed in addition to the resort diving. Any resort offering five dives a day that will feed you lumpia :burntchef: sounds like fun to me. Defiantly worth some cyber diving when you have some time to read it all.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Philippines trip blog

Post by LCF »

I love Allison's blog, because she's so honest about everything -- and of course, I know her and Rob, too.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

A great read - thanks for the link!

Except.... Darn you - now you got me thinking about the Philippines.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Tom Nic wrote:A great read - thanks for the link!

Except.... Darn you - now you got me thinking about the Philippines.
You don't have to think. You just go. Must dive places to go in the PI.
Tubbataha Reef
Malapascua Island, Cebu
Puerto Galera, Mindoro
Anilao, Batangas
Balicasag Island, Bohol
Apo Reef, Negros Oriental
Palawan's Surrounding Island
Boracay, Aklan

I've been to Malapascua, Puerto Galera, Apo Reef, Boracay, and Balicasag Island.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Go to dive ops, Tom?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

The Philippines is absolutely #1 on my to-do list of diving destinations. I had an eye on a FABULOUS looking liveaboard opportunity being advertised on ScubaBoard, until my husband pointed out to me that, for the cost of getting both of us there and on the boat for ten days, we could spend over a month in Mexico . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames