Bali Vacation

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
BlowBubbles
Frequent Bubbler

Bali Vacation

Post by BlowBubbles »

Over Thanksgiving I am planing a short vacation to Sanur Bali.

I've heard different reports on what to wear. I only have a full 3mm wetsuit or a rashie and shorts. Left my drysuit back at home. I'm not a photographer so I'm not overly excited to go see Mola Mola. Sounds like the temperature can vary quite alot.

Any suggestions for dive operators would also be appreciated.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: Bali Vacation

Post by coulterboy »

Just consider the temperature between 19-26 degrees C. I gave you a lower range down to 19, cause sometimes it could really drop, especially during the Mola Mola season. Average temp. should be around 24. So now, it all depends on how you easily get cold, or vice versa, how easily you burn.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'd go with the full 3 mm ... both for warmth and fire coral protection. Wore a shortie on my first trip to Bali ... never again.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
BlowBubbles
Frequent Bubbler

Post by BlowBubbles »

Thank you for the reply.

Might be nice to be a little cool. I bought the 3mm for Phuket but was too. I ended up diving in shorts and a rash guard. I was worried about jellies and stinging things.

Wish my drysuit was the shell/membrane style. Mine is crushed neoprene, great for cold, not so great for moderate waters.
BlowBubbles
Frequent Bubbler

Post by BlowBubbles »

Typical of NDC, great responded.

I dove the Liberty wreck and Crystal bay. A 3mm was fine, no hood or gloves. I noticed a thermolcline at 25m but no issues. Different time of year might be other wise. I would recommend D Scuba Club in Sanur Bali.