Florida Diving

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Florida Diving

Post by Scubie Doo »

I have an opportunity to spend 3-5 days diving in southern florida. I will be visiting family near Cape Coral/fort Myers. I will be doing blue heron bridge, I need to check that off. Any "must do" dives?
BillZ
Aquanaut

Re: Florida Diving

Post by BillZ »

Scubie Doo wrote:I have an opportunity to spend 3-5 days diving in southern florida. I will be visiting family near Cape Coral/fort Myers. I will be doing blue heron bridge, I need to check that off. Any "must do" dives?
The Spiegel Grove in Key Largo and the Vandenberg in Key West. The Keys are about a three hours from Ft Meyers but worth the drive.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

the blue heron bridge is like our cove 2... LOL if you want to see what it looks like there i can upload my dive from last year when i stayed with Pensacola for a week in Ft lauderdale... Most all diving in florida is by boat..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
kasi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kasi »

Going diving with a dive center/charter boat after certification costs around $25 per dive and i realized through the pics that you are good diver and you had enjoy the visit of Florida...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Scubie, I really enjoyed Key west. There are some really nice reefs off the east side and several charters that will get you there. Anywhere from 4packs on up. It is a great place for photography. Lots of very colorful critters, awesome viz, not deep , and no current. Unless you take a scooter it's pretty much boat dives. It's shallow for a long ways out.