Diving Cozumel in May next year - anyone dove with Babieca

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Diving Cozumel in May next year - anyone dove with Babieca

Post by Goodt_godiving »

We are planning a trip to Cozumel around May 2014 and we are staying at El Cid Ceiba Beach. They have a dive shop on site (Babieca Dive Center) but not stellar reports on Trip Advisor. It would be nice to use the shop that is right there but we were planning on using Aldora Divers until we noticed they have a built in shop. Anyone have any feedback on this outfit? I will check how far away Aldora is from our hotel but it's super convenient to not have to travel to the shop. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
deep diver
Pelagic

Re: Diving Cozumel in May next year - anyone dove with Babie

Post by deep diver »

Most of the operations will pick you up at all of the hotel piers, including aldora. We are going to be in Cozumel in December and plan on using Aldora after my dive buddy gave rave reviews of them. Will post again to let you know when we get back what we thought.
Most of the hotel dive boats are very crowded.
It's a good day.... nobody died!
deep diver
Pelagic

Re: Diving Cozumel in May next year - anyone dove with Babie

Post by deep diver »

We just got back from Cozumel and I was talking to another diver and they said that El Cid in town charges extra for dives to the outer reefs, so you might check that out since all the dives are farther out. Aldora dives at all the outer dives every day and is the same price. They stop at every club at no cost except Iberostar who charges $100 to each dive charter to pick up at their dock. dive with Alison was another company that everyone we talked to was happy with, but they take up to 10 divers where Aldora only takes 6 on their small boats.

The farther out hotels are closer to the reefs, but the taxi rides are $10pp each way + tip which gets expensive if you do a lot of trips into town.
It's a good day.... nobody died!