New Ideas for Bonaire 2014

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
KHILL
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New Ideas for Bonaire 2014

Post by KHILL »

Hey Guys,

My husband and I are headed down to Bonaire with a group from Tacoma SCUBA. This will be our eighth time visiting the island and we are looking for a few new things to do while we are there this year. We are staying at the same place we did last year called Bridanda Apartments and have diving planned through WannaDive. We have also planned a trip with Bonaire East Coast Diving and a trip up to the park to do some sightseeing and diving up there. Some of our favorite places to eat are Cactus Blue, the food truck located at the kite boarding beach, they have a great lionfish burger and At Sea.

We have a few spots open on this trip and are looking for some exciting things to do to help attract more people to go. I know a lot of you have gone there before and have done some of this stuff and I know a lot of you have been thinking about going there and have looked into it. Has anyone ever tried kite boarding on the island, the cave tour, or the mangrove kayak tours down in Lac Cai? We are looking for any good suggestions for things we just shouldn't miss doing while we are there.

P.S. Our trip is in October if that affects your suggestion.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: New Ideas for Bonaire 2014

Post by Tom Nic »

A day in the National Park is well worth doing. Amazing scenery, overlooks, archaeology, and places to chill topside. Plus more sites than you can dive in one day. Needs to be planned carefully, and can't be done casually (have to be intentional about packing your stuff, being self-sufficient, entry and exit times from the park), but is really worth a day of your vacation.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Have you done a UV night dive? That was a pretty unique experience! Some of the shops will rent you a light and filter if they aren't going out that night.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

IF you are there during a wind reversal or wind die down you can dive the Lighthouse as well as a few of the east side sites from shore. But only in those conditions or you're literally taking your life in your hands, as you know since you've been there multiple times.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Kellefitz
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Kellefitz »

Bonaire is amazing, as you already know. Here is a challenge for you:

http://youtu.be/qKqnO8aDTo4?list=UUGS1O ... Fj1A5VhjBw