Nassau diving optons?

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
KneeDeep
Submariner

Nassau diving optons?

Post by KneeDeep »

Hello all,
I am planning to be in Nassau (Paradise Island) around Oct for a total of 8 days, most of this won’t be for diving, but will be able to pull 3 days for diving. What are some options? Is the diving any good?

Driving down to the Keys (since I have to fly into Miami anyways) could be an option, but fly time would shorten dive time so was hoping to stay the whole time on Nassau.

Help me out… Ready, set… GO
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: Nassau diving optons?

Post by coulterboy »

Coll,

I dove with Bahama Divers last year. It was good, but I've had better dives. It's best to call them and ask them what their planned boat dives are for the day. My original plan was to go to Stuart's Cove, but it was farther, so I opted to go to Bahama Divers instead. I'd still go back there, but it's not Bonaire. They took us to a wreck (can't remember the name, but it's in my log book), and another site, but was a very shallow dive. There were only 4 divers in my boat. That was a good thing. We had two dives that day. Bahama Divers, I believe, is the closest one to Paradise Island too. They would have taken us to a better second dive, but being that the other two divers were greenhorns, they didn't want to go deep on the second dive. That was my only complaint. Other than that, the boat crew and the shop crew were all very friendly, and accomodating.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Bahama Divers is probably a 5 to 10 minute ride by cab from Paradise, while Stuart's cove is probably at least a 20 minute cab ride.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Thank Tom.
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.