Grenada in December

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
onsafari
Just Settling In

Grenada in December

Post by onsafari »

My husband and I are headed to Grenada in December. Anyone ever been? We have a couple of dives scheduled with EcoDive Grenada and would love any advice from those that have been. This is our first dive trip to the Carribean.
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Grenada in December

Post by Marc »

It is the best Caribbean trip I have had. The diving is good, but not great. There are a lot of wrecks, which is good for me, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea. The diving is also a little deeper there than other other places, I recall doing a lot of 85-120' foot dives. The marine park with the statues and a couple of walls is good for macro life and is a shallow, fun dive.

The surface life there is cool. It is one of the few places that the people still like Americans.

But with the exception of Grand Anse beach, it is not a touristy place. Don't get me wrong, the people are really, really cool, but St. George is where they live and work, not where tourists go for fancy dinners. Take a tour of the island, it is well worth your time.

Last thing I would offer as advice is: Don't rent a car. Just. Don't. I have driven in a lot of places and next to Cairo or maybe Mogadishu, I haven't seen many more 'interesting' driving conditions.

Feel free top PM me if you have any questions.

Marc
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
onsafari
Just Settling In

Re: Grenada in December

Post by onsafari »

I'm excited to hear there are a lot of wrecks, with the history there that's one of the things I was really looking forward to. I'm also happy to hear that it's not too touristy. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you so much.