Bonaire, Late April early May

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Bonaire, Late April early May

Post by Tom Nic »

It has been over two years since I have visited my favorite island. :axe:

It has been WAY too long... This next trip will be #10 for me, and it is about darn time!

So, a couple of us are planning to spend 2 weeks there approximately April 28 to May 13.

We are open to more folks coming along, although we don't have to have more folks to make the trip happen. I know of another group that is going at the same time and we'll definitely be meeting up for a dive or three! A few more people open up lodging possibilities and reduce costs somewhat for each individual. This is not a shop trip, I get no freebies or reduced costs. This is just a couple of dive crazies wanting to chillax and dive our brains out. Good peeps that are chill and somewhat experienced divers always make a trip better!

If you're interested shoot me a PM and perhaps we can meet for a dive and beverage and discuss possibilities.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Bonaire, Late April early May

Post by Tangfish »

PM sent!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

So happy for you Tom!

You deserve it!!

:taco: :joshsmith: :eric: :partydance: :pirate: :popcorn: :) :rofl:

Can't wait to hear all about it!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I want to go! Maybe one day! It's now on my wish list since GDog showed me his awesome pics at ThThTh! Frog fish sightings sounds cool! Don't forget your shoes for the sharp looking beach! Have a great great time!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

2017 trip .... I can Go anytime from October - and of March.... Have a Great Time Tom ...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

h20doctor wrote:2017 trip .... I can Go anytime from October - and of March.... Have a Great Time Tom ...
You're on my list Chris....
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

ScubaJess wrote:I want to go! Maybe one day! It's now on my wish list since GDog showed me his awesome pics at ThThTh! Frog fish sightings sounds cool! Don't forget your shoes for the sharp looking beach! Have a great great time!!
You really should. Like soon. In early May. Just sayin'. :calvin:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

YellowEye wrote:So happy for you Tom!

You deserve it!!

:taco: :joshsmith: :eric: :partydance: :pirate: :popcorn: :) :rofl:

Can't wait to hear all about it!
Come on, Eric! Let us show you!

In all fake modest humility, you really couldn't get a better guide that doesn't actually live on the island! :luv: :angelblue:
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

With starting a new job and planning a trip to the Philippines in 2017, long trips for me this year are out. Looking forward to seeing pictures and stories! Have fun!
-Erika
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

T minus 90 days :popcorn:
Jeff Castor
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I'll be there with a group as well!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Jeremy wrote:I'll be there with a group as well!
We'll definitely have to plan a dive or three together!

Since we're staying at Belmar you'll have to come dive their house reef and I can introduce you to Bonaire's version of "The Man"! :calvin:
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Tom Nic wrote:

Since we're staying at Belmar you'll have to come dive their house reef and I can introduce you to Bonaire's version of "The Man"! :calvin:
Deal!

And I can tow you out to the double reef on my scooter. We will be there in 3 minutes :)

:brute:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Jeremy wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:

Deal!

And I can tow you out to the double reef on my scooter. We will be there in 3 minutes :)

:brute:
:partydance: :partydance: Perfect!

I love the double reef, and have dove it many times. The last couple trips we have slung 80's, just so that we could have 154 cubic feet of gas (instead of just 77) and go further, deeper, longer, and not have to overly obsess on having enough gas to comfortably complete the dive. I think a tow and a sling can turn the double reef dive into an even more epic dive! :norris:

Awesome idea! :partyman:
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

I will be with Tom maybe you can get me NARC'd again. :boxer:
Jeff Castor