Cozumel in February

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Cozumel in February

Post by orcasc205 »

Laurie and I have still never dove outside the U.S. (even in Canada), so with our Covid vaccine jabs and travel opportunities opening up, we've book airline tickets to Cozumel for a week in February. I don't have lodging and diving opportunities arranged yet, but based on a recommendation from @kneedeep and the fabulous video that @stphnmartin posted on Youtube of his trip (with many of you) in 2017, I'm leaning towards Aldora Divers.

My question is if any of you have stayed at the Aldora Villas that is related to Aldora Divers? It sounds like it would be convenient to book the lodging and diving together as a package, but I'm not sure how the facilities compare to the other bigger hotels. Also, the location is right up by the airport which seems convenient to San Miguel, but far away from the main dive sites. Does anyone have other recommendations?
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: Cozumel in February

Post by Scubie Doo »

Gdog is the Cozumel expert. He can give you all the great eating spots. We’ve done Aldora (excellent dove op) and stayed at casa mexicana, cost effective and nice hotel. I’m sure Gdog will chime in too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Desert Diver »

We ended up spending a week at the Villa in June 2020. We were the only people there but we loved the place. It is not any kind of a 5 star hotel if that is what you are expecting. The room was clean and nice and had what we needed and the setting on the ocean is beautiful. We played with an octopus under a rock 15 feet in front of the rock wall that is the beach.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Gdog is Da man
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I got you bro.
Yes, if you have any questions about Cozumel, message me. Happy to help.
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

I second Aldora and Casa Mexicana. Very professional dive op and Casa Mexicana was very clean and nice for the price. The plus side of this hotel is you are walking distance to so many great restaurants and shops in San Miguel.
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!