Galapagos liveaboard recommendations

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Galapagos liveaboard recommendations

Post by Mateo1147 »

Looking to book a liveaboard trip to the Galapagos Islands and would greatly appreciate first and second hand recommendations about operators to consider. It will be for one diver and one nondiver. I have heard that some operators have a good amount of shore time that would be more appealing to my nondiving partner.
Thank you in advance!
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Galapagos liveaboard recommendations

Post by H20doctor »

I know that Bob Bailey's been on about down there so has Valerie and Stephen Martin...
I would probably get in contact with Richard Salas because he does many photo tours booking that destination..
Can't believe you're going to go there you're a bum I might have to excommunicate you as my friend.. Ha Ha Ha Ha
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
60south
Pelagic

Re: Galapagos liveaboard recommendations

Post by 60south »

I went there on one of the Aggressor boats. It was a great trip, but that was quite a while ago.

Verify that liveaboards are also doing land visits. Ecuador has gone back and forth on that; currently I think they do allow it, but for a few years the trips were restricted -- either diving, or shore visits, but not both. The wildlife is incredible, so shore visits are great!

Most divers want to spend lot of time out to Wolf and Darwin Islands, which is a problem for non-divers because there's no shore visits there. That's where the most amazing diving is though, so I'm not sure what to recommend.