Maui

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Maui

Post by Diver Doug »

Going to Maui April 21st, :supz: :supz: \:D/ nobody else in the group dives. Anybody else going around then? It would be fun to hookup and do some diving. I plan on going with Prodiver one day. Maybe some shore diving if I can find anybody wanting.
Doug
If only I had Gills
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Re: Maui

Post by Jaksonbrown »

We are going back to Maui on the last week/first week of March/April if anyone is going... Going to go hit the molikini crater for a few dives if someone is there and wants to split the boat cost....
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

In under 48 hours I will be at Maui Dream Dive Shop renting a few tanks and the following morning diving in 75 degree water with +75 degree temps. And getting my wife addicted to diving.

An early Aloha \:D/

Greg
Got Water?
OreCoastDiver
Avid Diver

Post by OreCoastDiver »

My wife and I will be there from March 10 to 20 the first three days in Kehi and the last week in our condo in Kahana. I'd be up for diving with anyone from the club that will be there, although I have a built in dive partner now that my wife is certified.
Brandon
Compression is good for the soul.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Ooooh lookit us, were all going to HAWAII! :violent1:

Sorry folks. I've been drinking and I'm envious. :occasion5:

Of course everyone thinks they're so cool, going to Hawaii, while the rest of us suffer... :violent1:
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Im in the same boat...going may 14th and no one to dive with.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Im in the same boat...going may 14th and no one to dive with.
That just isn't right.

My wife and I go to Maui fairly often (my parents live in Kihei) and as a result we've gotten to know some of the people in the business there.

A. We always rent tanks from B & B Scuba and Brad has been wonderful to work with (even gives us the "locals" rate for tank rental!). They will also provide you with good info on local shore diving sites -- some of which may well be better than the sites the boats take you to. (I'm done with Molokini!)

B. Last time we went (a couple of weeks ago) I put out "I'm going to Maui" threads on a couple of the "other National boars" (which shall remain nameless!) and did get leads to others who were on Maui at the same time. As it turned out we didn't hook up with any of them because we did hook up with another cyber friend and dove with him for 3 days (2 days of shore diving, one day of boat diving -- Mike Severns boat).

There are a lot of divers on Maui -- you just need to find them and one of the best ways is through the 'Net.
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

Not all of us Pez....

:vom:
Pez7378 wrote:Ooooh lookit us, were all going to HAWAII! :violent1:

Sorry folks. I've been drinking and I'm envious. :occasion5:

Of course everyone thinks they're so cool, going to Hawaii, while the rest of us suffer... :violent1:
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF