Dry suit questions.

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
StanKeech
Frequent Bubbler

Dry suit questions.

Post by StanKeech »

Ive been diving with a semi-dry suit and it works pretty well. Although last weekend at EUP i made the mistake of giving my keys to my dive buddies wife while she when on errands. As we went out for our second dive i started to get a bit chilly. Once we got back i was freezing. To make matters worse i had to hang around outside in the rain for 45 minuets. "Never again" i told myself. I got all my gear off and in my car in about 3 minuets which usually takes me 10 because all i wanted to do was get in the car and sit on the heated seats.

I want a front entry zipper (that i can zip up myself) with dry gloves and booties. I dont want to spend over 1200$. OTOH i want to buy it once, buy it right. Im a small guy 5'9" 140 lbs. I was wondering if anyone had some reccomendations. The ideal situation would be to find a suit on craigslist that someone used 4 or 5 times and then stopped diving. Forced to sell it at a severe loss (and my gain!). Anyway. Thanks for the input
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Re: Dry suit questions.

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

StanKeech wrote:Ive been diving with a semi-dry suit and it works pretty well. Although last weekend at EUP i made the mistake of giving my keys to my dive buddies wife while she when on errands. As we went out for our second dive i started to get a bit chilly. Once we got back i was freezing. To make matters worse i had to hang around outside in the rain for 45 minuets. "Never again" i told myself. I got all my gear off and in my car in about 3 minuets which usually takes me 10 because all i wanted to do was get in the car and sit on the heated seats.

I want a front entry zipper (that i can zip up myself) with dry gloves and booties. I dont want to spend over 1200$. OTOH i want to buy it once, buy it right. Im a small guy 5'9" 140 lbs. I was wondering if anyone had some reccomendations. The ideal situation would be to find a suit on craigslist that someone used 4 or 5 times and then stopped diving. Forced to sell it at a severe loss (and my gain!). Anyway. Thanks for the input
Your size shouldn't be too hard to find a fit for. If you're gonna spend that kind of money on a used suit I'd recommend something higher end like a DUI. I'm partial to shell suits myself but there are plenty of threads discussing the pros and cons of neoprene. If you want to go new (believe me it's nice not to have to worry about seals and zippers for a while) You might just be able to put something together on a Diving Concepts suit if you find the right bargain. I've also heard good things about some of the Bare and Pinnacle suits you can find around that range. If I see anything on CL I'll drop you a line.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Re: Dry suit questions.

Post by wallyc72 »

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... 54#p118723

Still have some great deals on suits in the store.