10.1MP Casio Review

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

10.1MP Casio Review

Post by Tangfish »

A few of you have asked me about compact underwater cameras, and more specifically, the little camera with a big screen that I've had for the past several months.

I just posted a (relatively) thorough review of it here.

:book:
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

great review calvin, did i read it right and its only 500 bucks for both camera and housing?? and where did you get that new avatar pic?? did you take it?
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Pringster
Avid Diver

Post by Pringster »

Wow, and I was thinkin it was a self portrait...my bad! :evil4:
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

the lime helmet is a way to cure hangovers from to many mahrgaritas......isnt it?
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Calvin, I must say it's worth tuning in every day just to see what avatar you are using!

I LIKE this one! =D>

-Valerie
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Great review Calvin! I want one !

I just need to come up with the Cash or maybe, I hear VISA calling?

Anyway I'll be looking around for some Good pricing
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Zen Diver 2 wrote:Calvin, I must say it's worth tuning in every day just to see what avatar you are using!

I LIKE this one! =D>

-Valerie
The best part is that I can take your comment totally out of context by changing my avatar :evil4:

Val, I've been meaning to ask you, what bracket do you use to mount your argon bottle? Do you like it?
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Cal-

Man, you are warped! :supz:

............................................ Love it!
Last edited by diver-dad on Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Val -

I gotta tell you, for a while now (weeks?), I was wondering why you had two insects as your avatar, then I looked, and looked closer, and damn!! fins!!!

\:D/
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

diver-dad wrote:Val -

I gotta tell you, for a while now (weeks?), I was wondering why you had two insects as your avatar, then I looked, and looked closer, and damn!! fins!!!

Not to get off on the subject of this thread, But I though the same thing also for a while.. Kinda like the new jeep comericials.. :bounce:
Who run barter town?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

DiverDown wrote:

Not to get off on the subject of this thread, But I though the same thing also for a while.. Kinda like the new jeep comericials.. :bounce:
You mean it's not a cool looking bug?!?! :fish:
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Wwell, I suppose they could be insects, but in fact, they are two mismatched Tusa Xpert Zoom split fins that I love. I figure anyone can have matching fins...

-Valerie
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Calvin Tang wrote:
Zen Diver 2 wrote:Calvin, I must say it's worth tuning in every day just to see what avatar you are using!

I LIKE this one! =D>

-Valerie
The best part is that I can take your comment totally out of context by changing my avatar :evil4:

Val, I've been meaning to ask you, what bracket do you use to mount your argon bottle? Do you like it?
Well, after changing your lovely avatar back into a frightening one I'm not sure I'll answer you.....

Oh, alright, just so you don't get upset ;-) I use a Quickdraw Bracket to attach both the pony and argon bottles. I love the system, quick and easy to attach, and rock solid. Runs about $135 or so (I think?).

-Valerie