drysuit trilam material question

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
divernick
Aquaphile

drysuit trilam material question

Post by divernick »

I was looking at the DUI drysuits, and they have two different kinds of trilam material they use, nylon/butyl rubber and polyester/butyl rubber. What's the difference? anyone know? I looked at the website, but couldn't find anything. #-o

Nick
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

the DUI tls 350 is nylon on the outside and alot of people use them including cave people so you know its durable

the clx 450 is codura on the outside, I don't personally know but it may be thicker and more durable and the reason two friends i know boought them
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

nice-diver wrote:... the clx 450 is codura on the outside, I don't personally know but it may be thicker and more durable and the reason two friends i know boought them
That sounds like the cordura would be slower to dry / be colder when out of the water / between dives?

I have also heard the cordura makes them a little (too) stiff?

Opinions???

(I've been looking at the same thing. [Still diving wet])
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

anyone know if there's a warmth difference? Or is the amount of material they use fo the layers not enough to make a difference?

Nick
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

i don't know anything about the DUI suits specifically, but i don't think there's a warmth difference really - i would guess it's more a matter of "hand-feel" and durability (and cost).
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

divernick wrote:anyone know if there's a warmth difference? Or is the amount of material they use fo the layers not enough to make a difference?

Nick
I would suspect its not enough to say there is any difference. You rely on the undergarments for that, naturally.
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

The CLX does take longer to dry and is heavier (weight can be an issue if traveling with your dry suit). Don't think it's much different in terms of warmth tho.

-Valerie
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

I would say that nylon is nylon, it has no inherant warmth. the four dives I have done with my 'new to me' DUI tls 350 I am happy with it, no shin pinch, comfy, flexible...time will tell