Global dealer?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Global dealer?

Post by CaptnJack »

Is anyone here a Global dealer and willing to order me a CGA870 to 1/4" F-NPT adapter? They have historically been available through NESS, but John has been out of stock for awhile. If they are discontinued that would suck but be good to know.

Thanks
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
boydski
Submariner

Re: Global dealer?

Post by boydski »

Hi Richard,

You can order those through Airgas or any welding supply place. Just ask for Western part number: WESM87-4.

They are $36 at Airgas (and I have an account with Airgas if you have any trouble).

Good Luck,
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Oh cool. That should work, my gas dealer carries Western stuff.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

Applied has them for about half that.
http://www.applied-inc.com/EZ_DispLib_Item.aspx?ID=547
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

rcontrera wrote:Applied has them for about half that.
http://www.applied-inc.com/EZ_DispLib_Item.aspx?ID=547
This is the opposite of what I need. I need a CGA870 post (like the top of the tank would have) to NPT (male or female), not the yoke fitting.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

OOPS!!!

You mean

The Global site says it is discontinued so it is probably best to go with what the guys already said.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Yup, that half :)
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

Are you trying to connect a medical regulator to a SCUBA cylinder? If so it is easy to turn a standard "yoke to DIN" adapter into a "medical post to DIN" by drilling a couple of holes so that the medical reg will seat. I can post a picture tomorrow if that would be helpful.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

4ster wrote:Are you trying to connect a medical regulator to a SCUBA cylinder? If so it is easy to turn a standard "yoke to DIN" adapter into a "medical post to DIN" by drilling a couple of holes so that the medical reg will seat. I can post a picture tomorrow if that would be helpful.
Yes medical yoke CGA 870 reg onto a DIN scuba valve. I can see how a yoke to din adapter could go the other way.
4ster
Dive-aholic

Post by 4ster »

Its a poor quality picture, but it shows enough to illustrate. Its a brass Yoke to DIN fill adapter. I think the shop I purchased it from got it from Global. I made 2 mods: It had a nipple on the DIN end to keep it from being used to fill an HP cylinder which I removed to make it more universal. I also drilled the two small holes to accept a medical regulator. Works great, still works as a fill adapter also.
Attachments
O2toDIN adapter1.jpg
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Ahah! I get it now. Thanks 4ster
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

4ster wrote:Its a poor quality picture, but it shows enough to illustrate. Its a brass Yoke to DIN fill adapter. I think the shop I purchased it from got it from Global. I made 2 mods: It had a nipple on the DIN end to keep it from being used to fill an HP cylinder which I removed to make it more universal. I also drilled the two small holes to accept a medical regulator. Works great, still works as a fill adapter also.
Got one, tried it. Seals with some CGA870 yokes but not the one on my Dan reg :(