deep sea supply

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

deep sea supply

Post by Burntchef »

any opinions ( and im sure there are a lot ) on deep sea supply back plate systems?? i would loike to go to a back plate and its a toss between them or a dive rite trans plate.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

I have a DSS single rig, and it is a great system. Good price, the plate is beautifully finished, and the STA-less design is nice when diving singles.

Tobin has put a lot of thought into his gear, I also have the weight plates added on to my rig, with those I have only 6-8 pounds on my belt.

If you want to take a look at setup, let me know. I'll be at Cove 2 tomorrow in the AM . . .

-Doug

P.S., if you are looking for the gear locally, NWSD just became a DSS dealer (no affiliation besides being a very happy NSWD customer).
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Take a look at these, too- I'm a huge fan of mine!

http://www.golemgear.com/
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Nailer99 wrote:Take a look at these, too- I'm a huge fan of mine!

http://www.golemgear.com/
Wow, those prices are off the hook.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah they are- I didn't notice the sale. Here's a tip- if you see something of mine you like, it probably went on sale a month or so after I bought it. ](*,)
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: deep sea supply

Post by Grateful Diver »

burntchef wrote:any opinions ( and im sure there are a lot ) on deep sea supply back plate systems?? i would loike to go to a back plate and its a toss between them or a dive rite trans plate.
If you want to hook up sometime and try out a DSS system, let me know. I'll be happy to let you take mine for a spin ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

thanks bob, i will let you know. i take it since you own one or two that you are a big fan of dss?
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

burntchef wrote:thanks bob, i will let you know. i take it since you own one or two that you are a big fan of dss?
I am a big fan of the gear ... I own quite a lot of it. Just got their newest doubles wing, in fact (it's a sweeeetttt wing too) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I have the Torus 35# and BP with weights. Awesome system, nothing but great things to say. Fantastic customer service too!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!