HOG regulators-what's the verdict?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

HOG regulators-what's the verdict?

Post by scottsax »

I think some of you have purchased the Highly Optimized Gear regulator sets. Do you like them? How do they compare with other regs you've owned?

I'm always looking at regs, so I'm curious...
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Re: HOG regulators-what's the verdict?

Post by sheahanmcculla »

scottsax wrote:I think some of you have purchased the Highly Optimized Gear regulator sets. Do you like them? How do they compare with other regs you've owned?

I'm always looking at regs, so I'm curious...

A+

I have owned a Apeks xtx50 and I would say it is comparable to breath-ability. I did not like the mouth pieces though, I switched to comfo-bites.

True test will be when it's time to service them.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

+1

for the cost i am very impressed, plus kits are $25 each. this wont be a fly by night company chris is here to stay.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I like mine. Built like a sherman tank and easy to work on + easy breather. 0 to 100fsw I don't notice any difference in resistance.
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I've only had mine for about a month now, but I love them. Like Sheahan, I don't like the stock mouthpiece, its a bit thick (up and down) for my bite. They are also built very tough.
jayson161
Avid Diver

Post by jayson161 »

Ive only dove with mine a handful of times but I have to agree with the other guys as well. It breathes better than every other reg ive tried so far, which isnt that many but still. I dont have that big of an issue with the mouth piece, it seems to fit my bite pretty well.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I tossed the mouthpiece as soon as I got it and replaced it with a seacure but then I always do. :biggrin:
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

another +1, great breathing and have never noticed any difference from 0-120'. Use this as my main and my Apeks atx50 as my back up.