diving concepts drysuits

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
divernick
Aquaphile

diving concepts drysuits

Post by divernick »

Does anyone know who the portland/vancouver area dealers are for DC drysuits? I tried the webpage, but got a could not load message. I got the same thing a week or so ago.

Thanks.
Nick
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

I can't speak for the Portland area, but I am a dealer.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

How does the UltraFlex Pro stack up against some of the other suits? Do you have any available for rent so i might try one?
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

Any of you other Portlanders know? I haven't been able to find anything looking online. I even called DC, but no one answered the phone.

Nick
clackadiver
Just Settling In

Post by clackadiver »

Don't know about the suits personally, but to me when I can't get ahold of a company or get straight info easily on the phone I think twice about dealing with them at all. If they're hard to get before the sale how will they be when you have a problem and really need help. There's os and usia that are both pretty local and have answered the phone every time I call.

just my 2psi.

Jeff
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

My wife has the ultra flex pro and she's loving it. I have the Z Tech and it's been great as well.

DC makes great quality suits, but sometimes they're a little slow on getting things out the door and to the customer.
--
Ron Hines
Naui OW, AOW, Rescue, Nitrox
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

The guy from Diving Concepts finally left a message for me, there are two dealers here in town.

Pinkpadigal...if I buy from you, do I get a NWDC discount? \:D/
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

I have to give Matthew a shout.

We'll let Amy and Matt duke it out haha.

NWSD Dive Center 425 487 0624
--
Ron Hines
Dogboy
Aquaphile

Post by Dogboy »

divernick wrote:The guy from Diving Concepts finally left a message for me, there are two dealers here in town.

Pinkpadigal...if I buy from you, do I get a NWDC discount? \:D/
Just for info, Amy (pinkpadigal) is currently in Hawaii for a week- that's why she hasn't responded to you. I would love to offer you a great discount on one, but I am only one of her customers. From what I remember, she was offering it in stock sizes, complete w/undergarment for $1799? Don't quote me on that though. I would wait for her to get back from Mauii, and I am sure she will respond.
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

That's cool. I'm not ready to fork over the dough for one yet anyway. I'm still looking into what's out there. And I was just playing about the discount.

Nick
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

:partyman: whoo hoo...oh, HI!

(still in Maui, having fun)

Diving Concepts is a small company based in Santa Barbara. They are big on supporting their dealers and do not sell to on-line dealers. There customer support is very good. They warrenty their suits against holes for 7 years. I had a customer who had one for five years. Had a leak along one of the seams. Fixed it for free. DC also does custom pockets. They will even put your name on the suit if you want.

Chuck was right...I have a package deal. I can get you an excellent deal on a suit. I can get you a full setup...Z-flex stock suit, includes undergarment, hood, bag and DRYGLOVES for $1699, on sale for Christmas. However, call me on Tuesday when I get back. You can get a custom suit with your choice of colors for $200 more.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

Amy is correct about everything. DC does great work and offers a ton of options for their suits. :)
--
Ron Hines
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

What's the differences between the Ultra flex suit and the Z-flex? I don't see the Z-flex on the website at all.

Nick
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

The ultra flex and the z tech are pretty close to the same except the flex has a bubbled back on it with a stretchy waist. Kind of hard to explain where as the z tech is more form fitting. I've never seen the z tech on their web site either but I know of 2 other people with the same suit. It's a damn nice suit. :)
--
Ron Hines
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

There are a bunch of models not listed on their site . . the z-tech, the neo-z . .

I have a z-tech, runamonk is spot on. The way I've had it explained is that it is a "tech cut" of the ultra-flex pro (more form fitting, not as baggy).

I do know that it is a damn fine suit, I only have three dives on it so far, but I love it.
runamonk
Aquaphile

Post by runamonk »

Oh yeah I think the Z tech only comes in black while you can get the flex series in other colors or in black on black.
--
Ron Hines