Rebreathers.....

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Re: Rebreathers.....

Postby John Rawlings » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Jaksonbrown wrote:Ok.. So im getting sick of packing lots of tanks around on the boat constantly going back to the dive shops for air...and I just heard that there is a rebreather on the market that can be bought new for under $7000.00??
Is a rebreather the solution? Do most of you rebreather dudes and dudettes just dive your rebreathers once you get dialed into them and give up your tanks permanently?

I have been considering buying a compressor, but then I heard that rebreathers could be bought more reasonably than I thought.....

Anybody have any links for these new rebreathers?

I haven't dived with Open-Circuit tanks since I bought my rebreather. There are actually several CCRs on the market that can be purchased new for under $7,000.00. For example, you can get a new KISS Sport, complete, designed for dives down to 150 FSW, for under $4,000.00.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Postby CaptnJack » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:10 pm

Jaksonbrown wrote:Ok.. So im getting sick of packing lots of tanks around on the boat constantly going back to the dive shops for air...and I just heard that there is a rebreather on the market that can be bought new for under $7000.00??
Is a rebreather the solution? Do most of you rebreather dudes and dudettes just dive your rebreathers once you get dialed into them and give up your tanks permanently?

I have been considering buying a compressor, but then I heard that rebreathers could be bought more reasonably than I thought.....

Dude, sorry but you are a poor candidate for a CCR IMHO. You need to be absolutely meticulous with any RB since its pretty much continuously trying to kill you with either too much O2, not enough O2, or CO2 - and you are not a meticulous anal retentive about gear kinda guy.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.

WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Postby WASP7000 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:55 am

Nevermind, here it is!

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/spo/1759546692.html

Inspiration Classic Rebreather. $3800

For all the details and pictures please click here: http://www.extremeunderwater.com/inspiration.html
Serious inquiries only please.

(360) 936-7955

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

WASP7000
Dive-aholic

Postby WASP7000 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:53 am

I saw one on craigslist last week for like $3700...If I'd have known you were interested, I would have sent you the link.

Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Rebreathers.....

Postby Jaksonbrown » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:51 am

Ok.. So im getting sick of packing lots of tanks around on the boat constantly going back to the dive shops for air...and I just heard that there is a rebreather on the market that can be bought new for under $7000.00??

Return to “Gear Central (Recreational)”