big guy drysuit undergarments

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Mongodives
Aquaphile

big guy drysuit undergarments

Post by Mongodives »

I've been searching and trying on undergarments for sometime now, with no luck in finding one that fits.
Anybody else out there 6'4" 250lbs or bigger that have found undergarments that fit? If you have please share.
"we're gonna need a bigger boat" Sherriff Brody
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: big guy drysuit undergarments

Post by Penopolypants »

How cold do you get? You can get a custom undergarment from Softwear (www.softweardiving.com), but I think the max thickness she has is a 300 weight polartec.

Have you tried any of the 2-piece undergarments out there? Both Weezle and Fourth Element make them.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Dude - I'm also 6' 4' and 250 lbs. I know for a fact that a Weezle Extreme will fit you because it fits me. I have the Extreme, the Extreme Plus, and the two-piece Oxygen Set in "our" size if you'd like to try them on.

Send me a PM if you're interested in talking about it.

- John

(Edited - I "fat-fingered" the keys and typed 150 when I should have typed 250! #-o )
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

John Rawlings wrote:Dude - I'm also 6' 4' and 150 lbs.- John

Little wishful thinking going on there?
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

John Rawlings wrote:Dude - I'm also 6' 4' and 150 lbs. I know for a fact that a Weezle Extreme will fit you because it fits me.
- John
John - as another "big guy", I'm not sure if this is accurate. The OP is 6' 4" and 250 lbs - that's a plus 100 lbs. from you ....a BIG difference IMO.

It might still fit if the Weezle is cut generously enough - your offer to try one on is very generous and I hope he takes advantage of it!

I would recommend that the OP consider a custom suit - Weezle or otherwise. If you're like me and besides being gi-frickin'-normous you also have non-standard measurements (I'm 6' but my pant inseam is 28) it is well worth the extra you'll spend for an undergarment that fits right.

A Weezle is definitely in my future, and it will either be the two piece or else a custom cut.

Good luck in your search Mongodives!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

try the DUI powerstretch 300 series... they are uber flexible and as long as you are in the ballpark size wise, they will stretch to fit without hindering mobility...
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
psydiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by psydiver »

I'm 6'3 300+
I use a Santi 200, but had to get it custom.
WELL worth it
....some guys like that. -vbcoachchris
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Tom Nic wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:Dude - I'm also 6' 4' and 150 lbs. I know for a fact that a Weezle Extreme will fit you because it fits me.
- John
John - as another "big guy", I'm not sure if this is accurate. The OP is 6' 4" and 250 lbs - that's a plus 100 lbs. from you ....a BIG difference IMO.

It might still fit if the Weezle is cut generously enough - your offer to try one on is very generous and I hope he takes advantage of it!

I would recommend that the OP consider a custom suit - Weezle or otherwise. If you're like me and besides being gi-frickin'-normous you also have non-standard measurements (I'm 6' but my pant inseam is 28) it is well worth the extra you'll spend for an undergarment that fits right.

A Weezle is definitely in my future, and it will either be the two piece or else a custom cut.

Good luck in your search Mongodives!
OOOOPS! Definitely MY bad! Typo strikes again! I meant to say that I am 6' 4" and 250 pounds, NOT 150 lbs! Sheesh!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:Dude - I'm also 6' 4' and 150 lbs.- John

Little wishful thinking going on there?
My apologies to Matt for my smart-ass response. It was based on my not realizing that I had typed in 150 instead of 250! Sheesh....how stupid do I feel! #-o

ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

My hubby's a bigger guy, and I know 4th Element doesn't come big enough. His current Bare XXL would be too short. I agree that custom would be the way to go.
Kelly
Jaksonbrown
Amphibian

Post by Jaksonbrown »

Im 6'2" and 240 and use the 4th element undergarments. I absolutly love them.
Mongo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Mongo »

Mongo! What's up brother? Are you tired of getting poked in the butt by all the stuff left in your pockets before you dive? Maybe we should start our own company called "Norse Undergarmets" for all the large viking types out there.... LOL
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

Prolly nobody bigger than me that dives Puget sound and I also vote for custom. The stretchy stuff is nice, but can bind a bit plus, the more the stretch you have to have, the shorter the life.

Custom undergarment and custom suit ... PERIOD!
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

Mongo, that just might be an idea if I knew anything about the garment industry.
I learned my lesson, I do a patdown for pens and notebooks before I get into my drysuit now.

Since there's been so many suggestions for custom, any feedback about which manufacturer is the most customer friendly for custom?
"we're gonna need a bigger boat" Sherriff Brody