Light recommendation?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Tubesnout23
Submariner

Re: Light recommendation?

Post by Tubesnout23 »

Thank you folks! :joshsmith:
Metal man
Aquaphile

Post by Metal man »

I'm happier than hell with my UK light Cannon, way cheaper than a can light.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.a ... T_ID=UKHID
Gabe ~D.I.A.W.Y.C. Diver
lavachickie
Dive-aholic

Post by lavachickie »

To follow-up my own post with the results of some hands on reasearch...

While a $1200 canister light would be really cool, the next steps for a diver like me are more likely a UK unit (low prices, good output for the price, but yucky form factors), or the IST T101 rechargeable. I had a chance to use the latter this past week and really liked it. There are reasonable options in the $200-500 range.

Amy
Hey Oregon Divers: check out Oregon Scuba Club! http://oregonscuba.com
Looking forward to Roatan June 2016.
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

I just searched for this IST T101 rechargeable you mention. It looks exactly like the Nocturnal SLX 800. Only it's 660 lumens vs 800 lumens. I wonder if they are re-branding the nocturnal or sourcing from the same factory. The Nocturnal light is fantastic by the way. Solid, reliable, easily burns for 2+ hours on 6 Eneloop rechargeable AA batteries. Highly recommended.
Dave
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

I bet there are a few people on this board who could build you a can light in the price range that you are looking at. :angelblue:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

no excuses wrote:I bet there are a few people on this board who could build you a can light in the price range that you are looking at. :angelblue:
Talk to h20 doctor, his recent light is pretty b/a, that or if you are a dyi person vlad's build is impressive(and +1000 lumens).