O'Neill wetsuits

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
lizard0924
Submariner

O'Neill wetsuits

Post by lizard0924 »

Can anyone suggest a local (Seattle metro/East Side) shop that has a good selection of O'Neill wetsuits? I'm looking for a particular style (Women's DLux 4/3) and was hoping to find one locally so I could try it on before I buy it. Oh, and I prefer to spend in my local economy, too!

TIA.
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: O'Neill wetsuits

Post by Sounder »

I have an O'neill 3/2mm shorty aeound your size that'd I'd sell for cheap.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Last I heard O'neill stopped manufacturing their dive line. I was very upset! My favorite tropical suits were always O'neill and I had to change brands this last year when it was time for a replacement. FWIW UWS used to carry them and has some relics around back (at least a few men's sizes at the Seattle store). Furthermore, I know men's sizes probably won't help, but I usually am a size S for sure, and O'neill always ran small, so M would sometimes do. They are definitely an athletic fit in my experience.

Another idea is to find a local surf shop that carries their surf line. I'll bet the suits are fairly similar.

Good luck! Hopefully someone on board knows a shop with some back stock.
Jacob
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Sounder wrote:I have an O'neill 3/2mm shorty aeound your size that'd I'd sell for cheap.
Thanks for the offer, but I need a full suit since I get so cold when I'm diving in the tropics.
mancub wrote:Last I heard O'neill stopped manufacturing their dive line.
Wow.....that would suck! I really want the welded seams. Maybe I'll have to look at their surf line. Thanks for the heads up.

I somehow knew replacing my Henderson was going to be tricky.
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

I somehow knew replacing my Henderson was going to be tricky.
Funny thing, because I replaced my O'neill with a Henderson...:) O'neill have always held up well for me. At first I wasn't so sure about the Henderson suit I got, however after 20-30 dives it is pretty sweet and waaarm. Still, not the same perfect fit as the O'neill.

If I find a local stock of O'neill suits I'll be sure to come back and post to this thread. I always have one eye open, after all having more tropical suits means having to go on more tropical dive trips!

Jacob
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Urban Surf, near Gasworks?
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

fmerkel wrote:Urban Surf, near Gasworks?
Yes, THANK YOU for that head's up. I called and they seem to have a great inventory on hand. I'm heading over there after work to see if I can find something that fits!
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com