Best online source for quality bolt snaps?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Best online source for quality bolt snaps?

Post by -Aaron- »

I picked up a pack of bolt snaps from dive gear express about a year ago. A fair amount of them had sticky action on the gates when I got them and at this point all of them have rusted springs. I was wondering if anyone has online source for good quality bolt snaps? I don't mind paying a little bit more if it guarantees smooth gate action and I can avoid having to cut them off from rusted springs in six months. I picked up a smaller 3 inch size for my regulators before, but I'm finding them a bit too small, so I would probably be looking for something slightly larger, also need a few double enders.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Re: Best online source for quality bolt snaps?

Post by Burntchef »

google nix dog collar snaps.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Has anyone ordered from Nix lately? For some reason, I seem to recall someone telling me they were all out of most snaps recently
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Nix was out of some styles temporarily, but most are back in stock now.

If you need some, call him up with an idea on a custom package of a dozen or more -- he'll give you an EPIC price :)

Scott
Raydar
Dive-aholic

Post by Raydar »

lundysd wrote:Nix was out of some styles temporarily, but most are back in stock now.

If you need some, call him up with an idea on a custom package of a dozen or more -- he'll give you an EPIC price :)

Scott
Interesting. When I last communicated with him back in July, he said, "I hope to doing Stainless Steel again in about a Year."

I was able to source boltsnaps elsewhere.
Purveyor of crack ;)
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Just a quick update. I made an order for a package of the 12SS bolt snaps and 162SS double enders today. I got an email back from Nix saying that they should ship out today, so they look to be back in stock.
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

I think Nix changes suppliers, I am finding Oxycheq to have the best quality.
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving