Strangest equipment failure ever!

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
User avatar
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Strangest equipment failure ever!

Post by spudgunman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:57 pm

I just saw this thread, I also hoped for a more exciting ending... Cera can you please making something up to give the at home reader a great ending? I would like a explosion or something along the lines of "we opened the valve and its STILL letting air out 2 days later, so seriously people it wasn't at 200"

or at least just pistol whip someone!

I vote most interesting thread so far in 2011 :partyman:
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.

User avatar
Cera
Submariner
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:36 pm

Re: Strangest equipment failure ever!

Post by Cera » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks for making me smile at the end of this "heavy thread". Ok here you go. :popcorn:
That's what could have happened, but here is what really happened:
So I take the tank to the shop and when they go to open the valve instead of air, it screams like an old woman. They give me a strange look and try it again. As they open the valve farther the scream gets deeper and more masculine. When the man screaming is finished, they take off the valve and out jumps a miniature Saber-Toothed Timber Tiger! :eek:
If you thought I was upset that I wasn't getting air imagine how he felt, sending me code through the valve that no one could decipher. Man was he pissed, I won’t tell you the conversation that transpired between us but you can guess it wasn’t pretty. And then the entire dive shop exploded. But since it wasn't really a dive shop, but The Restaurant at the End of the Universe it made much more sense to me, which is fortunate, because now we can go back to our own time and choose to redo this entire post!
This story is almost entirely true. I have the proof on a You-tube video that is no way edited or faked. But it can only be accessed if you live in Greenland unfortunately, so maybe next time you are on vacation there you can look it up. And then after you get back from vacation you can back me up here on this forum, because as real as this story seems to you and me, some people may think it is slightly less than true. Although, now that I think about it, it could have been a Sea Squirrel, because a Timber Tiger would be just be ridiculous.... :smt064
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17

User avatar
selkie
Submariner
Posts: 563
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:30 pm

Re: Strangest equipment failure ever!

Post by selkie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Cera wrote:Thanks for making me smile at the end of this "heavy thread". Ok here you go. :popcorn:
That's what could have happened, but here is what really happened:
So I take the tank to the shop and when they go to open the valve instead of air, it screams like an old woman. They give me a strange look and try it again. As they open the valve farther the scream gets deeper and more masculine. When the man screaming is finished, they take off the valve and out jumps a miniature Saber-Toothed Timber Tiger! :eek:
If you thought I was upset that I wasn't getting air imagine how he felt, sending me code through the valve that no one could decipher. Man was he pissed, I won’t tell you the conversation that transpired between us but you can guess it wasn’t pretty. And then the entire dive shop exploded. But since it wasn't really a dive shop, but The Restaurant at the End of the Universe it made much more sense to me, which is fortunate, because now we can go back to our own time and choose to redo this entire post!
This story is almost entirely true. I have the proof on a You-tube video that is no way edited or faked. But it can only be accessed if you live in Greenland unfortunately, so maybe next time you are on vacation there you can look it up. And then after you get back from vacation you can back me up here on this forum, because as real as this story seems to you and me, some people may think it is slightly less than true. Although, now that I think about it, it could have been a Sea Squirrel, because a Timber Tiger would be just be ridiculous.... :smt064

:goodpost:
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/

User avatar
ORDiver
Aquanaut
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:54 pm

Re: Strangest equipment failure ever!

Post by ORDiver » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:29 pm

Cera wrote: I have the proof on a You-tube video that is no way edited or faked. But it can only be accessed if you live in Greenland


I live in Greenland and cannot get the video on youtube. I think you're wrong about that video Cera. Are you completely certain that video is available in Greenland?

User avatar
Cera
Submariner
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:36 pm

Re: Strangest equipment failure ever!

Post by Cera » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:56 pm

ORDiver wrote:
Cera wrote: I have the proof on a You-tube video that is no way edited or faked. But it can only be accessed if you live in Greenland


I live in Greenland and cannot get the video on youtube. I think you're wrong about that video Cera. Are you completely certain that video is available in Greenland?


Really? Maybe it was Iceland? I was certain it was Greenland, are you sure you live in Greenland? :dontknow:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17

User avatar
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: Strangest equipment failure ever!

Post by no excuses » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Cera wrote:
ORDiver wrote:
Cera wrote: I have the proof on a You-tube video that is no way edited or faked. But it can only be accessed if you live in Greenland


I live in Greenland and cannot get the video on youtube. I think you're wrong about that video Cera. Are you completely certain that video is available in Greenland?


Really? Maybe it was Iceland? I was certain it was Greenland, are you sure you live in Greenland? :dontknow:


I dont know if Dave lives in Greenland but I know that he lives in his own world lol, but I hear its a happy place :neener:

Post Reply