Looks like a good deal on a dive boat

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/2488144855.html

Nice size, decent power, light to tow, probably comfortable for 4-5 divers. Looks pretty clean in the pics.

I'm not the seller. Just thought I'd bring it up in case anyone is in the market.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Looks like a good deal on a dive boat

Post by Dusty2 »

It does indeed look like a good dive boat. And that's a decent price considering what they cost new. Looks pretty well maintained.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

2 stroke OB not worth much nowadays. PVC fabric tubes should be checked for sun damage. Its a money pit, but maybe less of a money pit than average.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

CaptnJack wrote:2 stroke OB not worth much nowadays. PVC fabric tubes should be checked for sun damage. Its a money pit, but maybe less of a money pit than average.
How do you know it's PVC? Alot of the commercial grade zodiacs were made from hypalon. Two strokes are less desirable than four strokes for sure, but Yamaha makes some pretty good motors AFAIK
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:2 stroke OB not worth much nowadays. PVC fabric tubes should be checked for sun damage. Its a money pit, but maybe less of a money pit than average.
How do you know it's PVC? Alot of the commercial grade zodiacs were made from hypalon. Two strokes are less desirable than four strokes for sure, but Yamaha makes some pretty good motors AFAIK
Cause that model bombard is definitely PVC. I am pretty sure most or all of the Bombard line is PVC. Jeff Wishart has the same boat with a Tohatsu 90 and its a nice dive boat for 4. His cruises at maybe 24knots, not sure about his max speed probably mid 30s.

I'd budget for swapping out the pedestal seats with a bench. Not knowing how many hours are on the engine or if its ever been submerged (e.g sunk/flooded) I would have it checked, including compression by someone competent. By the graphics I'd guess its 8 or 9yrs old. NADA retail value on the OB is $2400ish assuming 2003 model year. Reality check value assuming good+ running condition is more like $1600-1800 for the OB IMHO. Again assuming the hull is a 2003, NADA retail value is $4800ish. So asking price is realistic but still really depends on the hidden bits of condition. Like compression on the engine and how well the transom and fabric are holding up.

Needs a tank rack. I can share my design if anyone from NWDC is seriously considering her.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Someone offer this guy $6500.
http://www.rib.net/forum/f47/22-polaris ... 41784.html

Take the jockey seats out and a tank rack in and put a 200hp + and 9.9 on that pod. Probably needs some sort of ladder if used for diving.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

CaptnJack wrote:Someone offer this guy $6500.
http://www.rib.net/forum/f47/22-polaris ... 41784.html

Take the jockey seats out and a tank rack in and put a 200hp + and 9.9 on that pod. Probably needs some sort of ladder if used for diving.
That would make a nice dive boat-probably $15-$20k worth of work to dial it in (motors, electronics, fuel system may need to be gone through, etc.).
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.