scuba doo gets a radar and tower

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: scuba doo gets a radar and tower

Post by no excuses »

RoxnDox wrote:Wow, very nice project work!

One question, though - where are the rocket launchers? Are those in Phase II, or are you putting in stealth technology? :pirate:

Jim
rocket launchers= pole holders :taco:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

no excuses wrote:I will be on vacation to the coast but will get with you when I get back.
no rush, stan. it'll be a couple months before i get the rest of the setup together anyway.
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

no excuses wrote:
RoxnDox wrote:Wow, very nice project work!

One question, though - where are the rocket launchers? Are those in Phase II, or are you putting in stealth technology? :pirate:

Jim
rocket launchers= pole holders :taco:
Awww, that's no fun! :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

no excuses wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Dang Stan, I should have you make a custom arch for Water Dog. I'd love to have a tiny radar for fall fog, get my VHF antenna and all-around lights up higher, and add some storage space for life jackets.

Mine would have to be only 1 arch since the idea is it would just attach at the transom. What is the biggest size tube you can bend?

I can even pay in Mnt Dew :D
Richard, I have the die for 1.25" pipe (1.625" OD) but they make dies for up to 2" pipe (around 2.5"). Sounds like you would want what I had on the inflatable also. I did not have the radar mount but did have my radio antenna, gps puck and a couple of pole holders on it, although that was out of mild steel.
Hmmmm how much are the dies? If I buy the ali tube and a die for 2" OD how much Mnt Dew will I owe you? :)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

CaptnJack wrote:
no excuses wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Dang Stan, I should have you make a custom arch for Water Dog. I'd love to have a tiny radar for fall fog, get my VHF antenna and all-around lights up higher, and add some storage space for life jackets.

Mine would have to be only 1 arch since the idea is it would just attach at the transom. What is the biggest size tube you can bend?

I can even pay in Mnt Dew :D
Richard, I have the die for 1.25" pipe (1.625" OD) but they make dies for up to 2" pipe (around 2.5"). Sounds like you would want what I had on the inflatable also. I did not have the radar mount but did have my radio antenna, gps puck and a couple of pole holders on it, although that was out of mild steel.
Hmmmm how much are the dies? If I buy the ali tube and a die for 2" OD how much Mnt Dew will I owe you? :)

Dies for 2" tube run in the $330-350 range, for the tubing I would get 6063 alloy as it bends nicer and I dont have to annel it. Get with me in a after I get back from vacation and we can talk and c what all you want.