SPG hose length?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Matt S.
Submariner

SPG hose length?

Post by Matt S. »

I'm removing my OW student special console, which has an awkwardly long hose, and switching to a brass 'n' glass SPG which will be clipped to my waist D-ring in the usual manner.

Is there a typical length for this HP SPG hose? (I'm 5' 9" and average build.)

I'm going to assemble the rig, get out a measuring tape and make my best guess but I'd hate to guess wrong so I'd like to know what others are using to make sure I am at least in the right ballpark.

Thanks!
mancub
Dive-aholic

SPG hose length?

Post by mancub »

Matt

I am pretty sure mine is 24". I can double check tonight. I am 5'8" and dive a bp/w, but used it with my standard bcd before as well.

Jacob
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: SPG hose length?

Post by CaptnJack »

24" for the SPG is "normal"
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

CaptnJack wrote:24" for the SPG is "normal"
Some are longer than others..... :angelblue:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

Thanks guys!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Geek wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:24" for the SPG is "normal"
Some are longer than others..... :angelblue:
That milflex of yours is too thin
TWSS
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

When you first start diving with the 24" it might feel too short. Don't sweat it. After a year or so you'll start to wonder if it's maybe just a bit too long.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
mancub
Dive-aholic

SPG hose length?

Post by mancub »

I agree wholeheartedly with airsix. I feel like I want a shorter one now :).
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

It may be too late, but I'm 6'2" and I find the 24" a little too short on a single tank. I got a 26" and it's perfect, runs pretty much straight down from the 1st stage to the D-ring. I think if I was a few inches shorter that a 24 would probably be OK though.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman