Best Dive Ladder Ever

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Best Dive Ladder Ever

Post by Jabberjaw »

Just returned from God's Pocket Resort and and to share one of the best features for a diver. There boarding ladder. Here is a short video of it in action. Greg

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/30712165[/vimeo]
Last edited by Jabberjaw on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Got Water?
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Re: Best Dive Ladder Ever

Post by fishb0y »

If only every boat had one...
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

It became a bit of a joke. My summation of the dive op was, "The room is warm, the boat is warm, the food is fabulous, and the boat has an f***ing ELEVATOR!" The elevator more or less acquired that descriptive epithet from that time onward.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

There is NO EXCUSE for a charter boat NOT to have such a device!!!!!
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Peter Guy wrote:There is NO EXCUSE for a charter boat NOT to have such a device!!!!!
+1 :supz:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
BlowBubbles
Frequent Bubbler

Post by BlowBubbles »

I have heard of expesive private yahts with power lifts, but first I've ever heard of on a charter, way cool.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Now that's my kind of boarding devise! WTG :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Wow. Just wow.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

I wonder what the maximum weight that it can lift? :stir:
Jeff Castor
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, it will lift two divers at once. They actually didn't build the lift for our enjoyment -- it was put in as a safety mechanism, to allow them to get an ill or incapacitated diver out of the water. A week after they installed it, they actually had someone with an issue, who had to be assisted by another diver, and they were able to lift both.

Bill told me they are considering putting another one in on the other side, in place of the ladder, so that, if necessary, they could put a support between them, and lift a completely unconscious diver in a recumbent position.

A lot of thought goes into what these guys do.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

LCF wrote:it was put in as a safety mechanism, to allow them to get an ill or incapacitated diver out of the water.
I'm surprised that stokes litters with flotation aren't a common item. It would allow dragging an unconscious diver around in all sorts of ways that one can't move a limp body. They can be fitted with lifting straps to allow either vertical or horizontal hoisting (possibly using an existing dinghy davit). They are even available as two piece units that are more easily stowed.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver