Dry Gloves

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
BlowBubbles
Frequent Bubbler

Dry Gloves

Post by BlowBubbles »

I have a High Tide drysuit with neoprene seals. I would like to add dry gloves, but keep wrist seals for wet gloves. Any sugestions?
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Dry Gloves

Post by cardiver »

You need latex seals.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Dry Gloves

Post by Dusty2 »

The diving concepts system should work but I don't know if you would have enough cuff length. It's easy enough to put latex seals on your suit if needed. I have never seen anyone do dry gloves with neoprene seals though.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

You can't put dry gloves on neoprene seals.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Yes, you can, but---depends on the seal. High Tide, maybe not. Pretty thick seals.
We've put the OS system on Seasoft (3mm stretchtex or some such) with no problem. Tried the SiTech but the cuff seal system compressed UW and they leaked.

Since High Tide have rough-out seals even the specialty gloves with smooth insides to seal against unlined neoprene or latex won't work dry with them. They'll be a less leaky glove though.

Hopefully someone might know a system that does work.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

I use the SiTech rings on my Seasoft suit with neoprene seals - nice and dry, no problems. However, they do become a bit permanently compressed/deformed by the rings, and I worry that they would not keep me dry if I was to go back to wet gloves.
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Look at the Diving Concepts site. They have instructions on how to do it with Latex and Neoprene seals.

http://www.divingconcepts.com/link3.htm

You'll need to buy a set of the DC latex wrists with the O-ring on them and use those are the internal seal and they are $$$$. In the end if you want dry gloves it will be easiest to chop the neoprene seals off and put latex on.
Dave Mitchell
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Dry glove r for girls...................
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Diver_Dave wrote:Dry glove r for girls...................
Mebbe so - but I got 'em with my new drysuit and I am so F*ing delighted to have gloves I don't have to fight with for 10 minutes just to get the damn things on... Worth EVERY penny just for that!

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Dmitchell wrote:In the end if you want dry gloves it will be easiest to chop the neoprene seals off and put latex on.
+1
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

RoxnDox wrote:
Diver_Dave wrote:Dry glove r for girls...................
Mebbe so - but I got 'em with my new drysuit and I am so F*ing delighted to have gloves I don't have to fight with for 10 minutes just to get the damn things on... Worth EVERY penny just for that!

Jim
Kind of why I'm thinking about switching.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Lol
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
DFessler
Avid Diver

Post by DFessler »

There are several solutions, many which have been said. Diving Concepts and Northern Diver will both work with Neoprene. With Diving Concepts, you have 2 choices, to add a second latex seal due to the neoprene stretching out, or to not use an inner seal at all. The Northern Diver Rings will also work by applying a thin layer of aquaseal (included) around the outer neoprene ring to allow the ring system to seal onto something smooth. I have seen many people also use the Si-Tech ring system but actually glue them ring system onto the seal (myself this scares me on how easy it would be to replace/fix). Once the new Apollo drysuits started coming out with neoprene wrists and people wanted drygloves, we have suggested that they cut 2/3 of the seal off, replace the seal with latex from the inside so that the other 1/3 neoprene seal actually covers the ring system and protects it. So far everyone has been happy with this method.

Either way, there are options, so visit your local dive shop and they will take care of you I am sure.
David Fessler
PADI Master Instructor

"Live Life One Foot At A Time"