Gas-powered Aquascooter. Wait, what?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
60south
Pelagic

Gas-powered Aquascooter. Wait, what?

Post by 60south »

Aquascooter - $100

Okay, I admit this thing has me totally baffled. But it might be fun. :taco:

Anybody familiar with Aquascooters?
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Re: Gas-powered Aquascooter. Wait, what?

Post by Aquanautchuck »

I have never heard of them. Now if they could add a battery pack with charging and be good to depth that would be a winner.
Charles
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

:dontknow: :popcorn:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Aquanautchuck wrote:I have never heard of them. Now if they could add a battery pack with charging and be good to depth that would be a winner.
What's wrong with good old gas? You just gotta be the first kid on the block with a hybrid scooter huh?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

60south wrote:Aquascooter - $100

Okay, I admit this thing has me totally baffled. But it might be fun. :taco:

Anybody familiar with Aquascooters?
I wouldn't say that I'm familiar with them, but they have been around for a long time. Mostly used for snorkeling and just playing on the surface.

I can't remember the company that makes them. I want to say Johnson, but it's a faded memory. They look a lot like a scooter, as far as having handles on the sides and central prop. There is also an air snorkel that sticks up about 18 or 24 inches from the forward middle section to supply air to the little motor.

There were some available for rent on Catalina many moons ago, but I haven't seen one since the late 80's - early 90's
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh