Dry Gloves new Source?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Dry Gloves new Source?

Post by Nwbrewer »

I used to use the Harbor Freight Sandblasting gloves http://www.harborfreight.com/rubber-bla ... -4468.html for my drygloves, but the ones I got the other day appear to be from a new manufacturer and have smaller diameter fingers, and are stiffer, neither of which improve thier suitability as drygloves.

So, does anybody have another source for these where I can get the "old" style, or maybe just a different size?

Thanks,

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Dry Gloves new Source?

Post by Tom Nic »

:-(
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Dry Gloves new Source?

Post by cardiver »

For anyone in the south end, there is a Harbor Freight in FW now at the corner of 320th and Pac Hwy. it is in the old, "Good Guys" building.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Try Mclendons
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

For what its worth I switched to the BEST brand gloves. Not sure of the exact type but when I go to WORKnMORE on Broadway they have to go in the back to get them. I like them as they are tougher and I found myself having to replace less often.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Norris wrote:For what its worth I switched to the BEST brand gloves. Not sure of the exact type but when I go to WORKnMORE on Broadway they have to go in the back to get them. I like them as they are tougher and I found myself having to replace less often.
Thanks, I'll try those.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

This is where I bought mine,

http://www.magidglove.com/Magid-MultiMa ... mentId=229

What size glove do you wear 10 1/2 or 11?

I might be able to get you a pair to try out and see if they will work for you.

Mike
Raydar
Dive-aholic

Post by Raydar »

What's wrong with the Atlas gloves from Fisheries Supply? Can get them for a little over $3 a pair.
Purveyor of crack ;)
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Raydar wrote:What's wrong with the Atlas gloves from Fisheries Supply? Can get them for a little over $3 a pair.
I believe that they are using Viking rings so the gloves need to be rubber inside and out and "snappy" to seal. Atlas are cloth lined and won't seal around the ring.
Dave Mitchell
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dmitchell wrote:
Raydar wrote:What's wrong with the Atlas gloves from Fisheries Supply? Can get them for a little over $3 a pair.
I believe that they are using Viking rings so the gloves need to be rubber inside and out and "snappy" to seal. Atlas are cloth lined and won't seal around the ring.
Norris and I both use my ghetto homemade glove. They're smaller than viking classics, but same principal, so the cloth lined ones don't work unfortunately, otherwise that's what I'd use.

Raydar
Dive-aholic

Post by Raydar »

Dmitchell wrote:
Gotcha. Them fancy rings. :)
Purveyor of crack ;)
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Rockfish wrote:This is where I bought mine,

http://www.magidglove.com/Magid-MultiMa ... mentId=229

What size glove do you wear 10 1/2 or 11?

I might be able to get you a pair to try out and see if they will work for you.

Mike
That would be great if you had a pair of 11's that i could just test fit.

Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Dry Gloves new Source?

Post by Rockfish »

Sure I have a pair of 11's you can try out. I see that you are in Woodinville maybe we can meet somewhere on Hwy 9 or I can just mail them to you let me know what works.
skubi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by skubi »

Rockfish wrote:Sure I have a pair of 11's you can try out. I see that you are in Woodinville maybe we can meet somewhere on Hwy 9 or I can just mail them to you let me know what works.
Are you using the 11's over Viking rings? I was told that the glove cuff on the 11's would be too big for the rings and that I'd have to tape them. I've been using the 10.5's and they seem to work fine.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Dmitchell wrote:
Norris and I both use my ghetto homemade glove. They're smaller than viking classics, but same principal, so the cloth lined ones don't work unfortunately, otherwise that's what I'd use.
LOVE MINE!!!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

Size 11 and 10.5 both work with my Viking rings. I wear 11's in the colder months when I wear thicker gloves and 10.5's in the warmer months when I wear thinner gloves. 10.5 is a better fit for me but they are harder to put on.

Mike
skubi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by skubi »

Rockfish wrote:Size 11 and 10.5 both work with my Viking rings. I wear 11's in the colder months when I wear thicker gloves and 10.5's in the warmer months when I wear thinner gloves. 10.5 is a better fit for me but they are harder to put on.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I could use a thicker glove in the winter too - I'll give the 11's a try.